Bug in new scene master?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

renebiemans

Bug in new scene master?

Postby renebiemans » 20 May 2017, 15:01

The new Scene Master is really a nice feature but I am think I am experiencing a bug, therefore it is not useful for me. Is it that I am doing something wrong or is there some hidden setting to get it right?

What I do:
-I have a few LED pars patched with Generic-> 3, RGB(so RGB with virtual dimmer fader).
-I have some colour pallets patched and a dimmer playback of these LED pars
-For example I have the Red colour pallet selected and the dimmer playback is on, so the LED is on and on Red colour.
-Then I Enter the scene master: so it will become purple and says: "Preset"
-Then I select the group for the LED's and then select for example Blue
-I did not touch the dimmer playback
-Then I raise the scene master and the LED par becomes blue: Nice.
-After that I want to exit this scene master to proceed with live control. So I push enter/exit and the Scene master is grey and says: "live"
-Now when I am selecting a different colour, for example: green: the LED Par switches off, while my dimmer playback is untouched and is still on: Strange. Now when I get the fader of the dimmer playback on 98% the LED Par will switch on with the green colour. This is strange behaviour, am I'm doing something wrong or is this an bug? And maybe: is there a workaround?

Br Rene
niclights
The eManual

Re: Bug in new scene master?

Postby niclights » 20 May 2017, 18:55

Unfortunately this does look like a bug. It appears to be specific to virtual dimmer. I have not found a workaround yet (other than to not use virtual dimmer).
renebiemans

Re: Bug in new scene master?

Postby renebiemans » 23 May 2017, 10:54

Ok, thank you for your reply. Hopefully there will come a quick fix for this, but I'm afraid this won't happen and that we have to wait antoher half year for this for 10.2 or 11.0... I think a good idea for a feature request should be small monthly updates for only bug fixes and big updates for extra features.