Recording shapes in shapes and effects workspace

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Brg operator

Recording shapes in shapes and effects workspace

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 14:37

Good morning,
I have a problem in recording shapes in shapes and effects workspace; i tried recording both in quick recording mode and also using the masks... but when i select the fixtures and press the effect it works only on one of the selected fixtures... what could it be the problem?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Recording shapes in shapes and effects workspace

Postby niclights » 15 May 2017, 16:43

That sounds like the palette has been recorded as a 'normal' type where the programmer only contained shape information for that fixture when it was recorded.

If you want the same effect to be applied to multiple fixtures the palette needs to be 'shared' (any fixture of a particular model) or 'global' (any fixture irrespective of model).

If you want specific effects for a number of fixtures ensure shape information for all the required fixtures is in the programmer before recording (as 'Normal' type).

The current mode of a palette is denoted in the palette handle with a 'N', 'S' or 'G' representing 'Normal', 'Shared' and 'Global' respectively. The console will try to make a logical guess as to which type you want depending on the programmer information but you can override this prior to recording in the record palette menu.
Brg operator

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 21:04

I already tried recording in every way (n,s and g) but nothin changed... i also check every single fixture was running the shape in the programmer before recording it! I also tried changing the recording ways inthe record palette menu like mixed, channel in programmer etc..
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 15 May 2017, 21:07

What kind of shape are you trying to record? You can record palettes for normal shapes but not for key frame shapes.
Brg operator

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 21:22

I'm trying to record a movement like pan swing!
Brg operator

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 21:30

I just select a group of fixtures create an effect by using shapes and effects menus>
>shape generator>create>pan/tilt>pan swing

I open the channel grid and i the fx is operating in every fixture...
Than i press recod>palette; than i chose global palette, set mask only on fx include; than i press an empty space in shapes and effects workspace...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 May 2017, 21:37

This all works fine for me when I test.

If you view the shape palette what does it show? (VIEW or OPEN followed by palette handle to open palette view and then view shapes from the context menu to open Shape View. Finally select [View] to open Shape Fixture View.)

Global shapes are represented with the row header 'GLOBAL' and no user number. Shared shapes are represented with the fixture name in the row header and no user number. Normal shapes are represented with the fixture name in the row header and a user number.
Brg operator

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 22:06

In the shapes fixture view of the palette i can see only empty columns under the titles... (number-size-speed-tempo-phase-offset).
Brg operator

Postby Brg operator » 15 May 2017, 22:19

I wiped the show and now it works! I don't know what was the problem! However thank you so much for helping me! Very pro!
s.schroeders

Postby s.schroeders » 07 Nov 2018, 22:04

Wow, I have exactly the same issue.
I created a complete new show and now I can record shapes...
Sad, hope I will not have the same Issue later.

Dear Avolites TItan Suite developpers, could you debug this on new software release ?? :shock: