titan mobile dmx outputs issue

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul Hunt

titan mobile dmx outputs issue

Postby Paul Hunt » 28 Mar 2017, 12:11

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I couldn't seem to search for titan mobile.

Basically, when using my Titan mobile, I sometimes use 2 DMX outputs for 2 different dmx universes (lines). Often one universe for dimmers and the other for intelligent lights.

In the desk DMX setup I allocate universe 1 to output A and universe 2 to output B. I then patch dimmers and fixtures to the different universes accordingly. Everything works just fine.......

And then, I come in and fire up the computer/desk the next time and the 2nd universe - output B - simply doesn't respond. The connected lanterns behave as if they are seeing dmx (ie the moving heads stop doing their automatic program) but nothing responds to any actual control from the console either in cues or in live.

To get around this, I have found that I have to go back into desk setup, unassign output B from line 2 and assign output C to line 2 and then move the DMX plug from output B to output C. Then everything works fine again.

Sometimes I can then immediately reassign line 2 to output B and it will work, sometimes not.

Sometimes, the next time I switch on I will have to do the same thing and shift back from output C to output B to get it to work again.

This is definitely not right and I'm sure that I'm doing nothing wrong here. After all, it works at first and then stops working.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a known fault that I'll just haveto keep working around?

Any thoughts gratefully received.