DMX input - please advice for dummies

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Danar2004

DMX input - please advice for dummies

Postby Danar2004 » 17 Jan 2017, 12:50

Hello,

I'm trying to use DMX input trigger , but it seems that my TT2 9.1 doesn't receive DMX signal. In the manual I read, that is needed to set port mode to Rx, but I don't know where set this :(
Please help me.

Thank You very much.
Danar2004

Re: DMX input - please advice for dummies

Postby Danar2004 » 25 Jan 2017, 10:31

I wonder, that nobody answers, maybe it is too difficult? I thought, that it would be easy, because in the manual is this noticed very shortly :(
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 26 Jan 2017, 07:31

It is really not much more than is written in the manual, section 11.5.2. Once you create a mapping and add a trigger, you need to set trigger type and source - and when you set this to be a DMX trigger and select the correct DMX outlet, this outlet is now switched from Tx to Rx, and the incoming signal is being displayed (as a bar graph).

If you don'T see any hint on incoming signal, then you should check the cable, the outlet being the correct one, and the trigger type being set to DMX. If all this is correct and still no input, then try another outlet. If this also doesn't work, then it's time to check this in USB expert (select the DMX panel, go to the Dmx tab, select 'View DMX') - but at first, try the steps above.
Danar2004

Postby Danar2004 » 26 Jan 2017, 10:05

Thank You icke_siegen, so this change form TX to RX is done automaticaly, when I choose the right DMX port, I see :). I was searching for some option all over the console :). Thank You very much for Your answer.
clublights

Postby clublights » 27 Jan 2017, 19:34

yeah it's pretty much exactly like the manual says .. when you choose the port it asks if you want to reassign it to RX...

I've not had a chance to test it till just now .