Titan v10 - deinstall/deactivate Capture visualiser

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

_Floh_

Titan v10 - deinstall/deactivate Capture visualiser

Postby _Floh_ » 21 Dec 2016, 16:29

Hey guys, I´m the newbie, guess it´s easier you call me just Flo :wink:

What brings me here is a minor problem with Titan V10 and Titan Mobile. While V9 is running smoothly on my System, Titan V10 Features are great, but I can´t use them beside preprogramming, every button press is delayed massively, it´s around one to two seconds (!). Things get quite cheesy when working this way :D

I´m pretty sure to know where it comes from - i build my Case for Titan Mobile when V9 was out, and choose a all-in-one computer, which specs are good for running movers or pixel maps up to all 12 universes TiMo is supporting in V9.
But in V10 things got worse and the small Intel Celeron Quadcore (4x1,6GHz/2,0GHz boost) with Intel HD Graphics just can´t handle the requirements V10 is calling - and my guess is mainly because of the new Capture visualiser.

One obvious way could be for sure to replace the all-in-one with a more powerful - but finding one fitting my special build case for TiMo (see the pic below) isn´t that easy, and I like the compact footprint my "console" has - it even fits hand luggage requirements oft literally any airline - even the most budget ones.

I really want to use all of V10s new great features, and in my opinion the only thing standing against it is the new Capture thing.

So another obvious way would be do deactivate or deinstall the Capture visualiser - if it´s possible. Anyone tried this before?

I beg your help guys - kind regards - merry christmas - and a happy new year!

yyy898

Re: Titan v10 - deinstall/deactivate Capture visualiser

Postby yyy898 » 21 Dec 2016, 17:43

Its build into titan, not a sepperate install so no way to deinstall it
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 23 Dec 2016, 11:15

There are various ways to do this, but there is no guarantee this will help you out. The main reason is: while Capture is a heavy take on ressources, Titan itself requires a lot, too. hence, simply omitting Capture does not necessarily make your computer run faster.

The available ways:
- simply leave the capture window closed
- once patched, select all fixtures, set wheels to 'Visualiser' and set 'Throws light' to Off
- use the small personality bundle which doesn't contain the capture personalities. In that case, capture opens but throws an error
(I don't know what happens with the 'Visualiser' node in DMX settings)
(there is also a way to delete capture - but this might have side effects if the capture window is called inadvertently)

Sebastian
Last edited by icke_siegen on 24 Apr 2017, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
_Floh_

Postby _Floh_ » 24 Apr 2017, 04:43

Hello Sebastian,

some time has passed since you posted your reply, thanks a lot for the inspiration, I chose the "hard way" and erased everything that search spit out after typing in "Capture" in the Avolites folder. When the Capture visualiser is called it just says in the workspace window the capture library isn´t installed. It´s hard to measure how fluid Titan is running after this modification in absolute terms, but according to my personal feeling it´s way better than before. Nonetheless I suggest nobody else try it, may some other effects still occur later on.
A bit strange is that it´s still not running "fast" as you would anticipate it - but CPU Load is under 10% mostly, and Titan is way below 5% all over. Probably it is as in Audio - artifacts occur there also if CPU load is still quite low - and usually that´s the right time to search for some hidden conflicts in Windows.... :roll:
gotlandljus

Postby gotlandljus » 07 May 2017, 23:39

how much ram do you have?
Do you have a ssd-drive?
clublights

Postby clublights » 08 May 2017, 03:23

From your description of the problem I'm pretty much positive you do not have an SSD hard drive .

This is required for V10 it has nothing to do with capture but with the way undo was expanded.

luckily you can upgrade most computers with an SSD for low cost,
riscster

Postby riscster » 26 May 2017, 23:25

Sounds a lot like a slow HDD to me too. If this is the case you will likely find it gets worse with V10.1 and potentially worse still in V11. I would strongly recommend an SSD. If your dinky machine will take an M.2 drive they're really good.
_Floh_

Postby _Floh_ » 14 Jun 2017, 14:08

It´s not the RAM, 4GB aren´t that much, but there aren´t used more than 2GB for usual. Also my "dinky machine" has a SSD built in. It´s something different slowing the whole thing down, just not sure if it´s because the entire system is to weak for Titan (against this speaks a CPU load well below 10% most of the time, and only 2GB of 4GB RAM are used) or it´s one of the usual Windows issues...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Jun 2017, 14:58

Have you tried 10.1 yet? Given you have an SSD hopefully the comment Mark made about it potentially worsening won't apply. I don't know if it would improve either but worth a shot.

My other thought is that perhaps that the HD Graphics are the issue here, possibly regardless of whether Capture is open or not. Maybe Mark has some ideas about this?

Note that regarding your search/delete previously you have simply deleted the Capture library. You would achieve the same result by installing the 'Compact' version of the personality library as suggested by Sebastian.