Expert Pro upgrade questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

brianlights

Expert Pro upgrade questions

Postby brianlights » 19 Dec 2016, 10:38

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded an early black/gray face Expert to an Expert Pro running v10. It has been running mostly flawlessly for over a month on tour.

That being said, there are a couple quirks I'm trying to figure out which maybe you guys have experienced.

1) Fixture Exchange Lockup. Sometimes when exchanging fixtures (usually when doing a group instead of individual fixtures) the console locks up and the only recourse is to hard reset the desk by holding the power switch. This may be due to exchanging on show files originally created pre-v10? If I do fixtures one at a time it's usually ok. Now I just do one or two at a time and then save often. It is intermittent and random. The same exchange may work one day and not the next, or work 4 times out of 5.

2) Keyboard not working post-bios / pre-boot. I can get into the bios with it and make changes, and it works in the Titan software, but not between those two points in time. This is especially a problem after issue 1 above when resetting the desk. It comes up with the "boot normal, safe mode, etc" screen, and my only option is to wait the 30 seconds until it automatically selects boot normally. I can't choose any option nor press enter to get it to force a normal boot. Also unable to run anything that requires keyboard entry prior to Titan startup. Bios updater, boot from USB or other device, etc. The current bios seems to be configured with proper optimized defaults and listed changes.

3) When saving pallets, if I have playback faders live, the LEDs on those handles have excessive flicker. Nothing functionally wrong, but just obnoxious to look at and distracting.

4) my roller encoder / rollers don't line up and sometimes won't activate page G on the left roller. Left roller excessively clicks and has lots of "play". Does anyone have a surplus roller assembly / encoder / parts to repair that?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance,

Brian
Brian C. Lareau
Lighting Director
http://www.brianlights.com
brianlights@gmail.com