BPM timing isn't precise?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Danar2004

BPM timing isn't precise?

Postby Danar2004 » 10 Nov 2016, 11:29

Hello,
I'm trying to play around with Tiger Touch II v10 and with Titan One Simulator. I need to control show via MIDI from Cubase, so have done some tests. To the core of my question:
For example I made two chases. First alternates dimmer between fixtures 1 and 2. The second one alternates dimmer between fixtures 3 and 4. I set BPM 56 for first one and 28 (half of the first one) to the second one. Theroeticaly the first two fixtures will switch two times quicker, than the second ones and every second switch will make together. I used MIDI notes to fire them at the very same moment (tried fire them with cuelist too). First tick should switch both chases together, the second tick switches the first chase alone. Third tick switches together again and so on. The start is ok, but after while I can see differences. System doesn't calculate the timing precisely and after while appears differences (bad rounding?). Any idea, how to fix it? I need a precisely timing coresponding to music during the show. Use timecode isn't a way, because it's not so easy to use it as I need (missing timeline, parts copying and other functions). I have workaround with two notes, every activating one dimmer, but why don't do it better? ;)
Thanks for Your help.
Danar2004

Re: BPM timing isn't precise?

Postby Danar2004 » 27 Nov 2016, 11:48

Nobody experienced this problem? No solution? I thought thats important issue :(
niclights
The eManual

Re: BPM timing isn't precise?

Postby niclights » 27 Nov 2016, 12:02

I can confirm this.

All being well there should be a fix/solution in the next version.