Had to downgrade to Titan 9

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nigelj

Had to downgrade to Titan 9

Postby nigelj » 07 Nov 2016, 10:13

Hi all,

Next week would have been the first show I've done using Titan 10, BUT...after some preprogramnming using Capture (standalone) when everything looked fine, as soon as I got into the theatre with a real rig things started going pear shaped - Titan intermittently very laggy where wheels and buttons wouldn't respond for several seconds, or even minutes later - the software locked up completely needing a restart - random movement and flashing of movers and LED fixtures (I thought was dodgy cabling but checked it all).

Can't risk this on a show, so I've downgraded back to Titan 9, have spent a few hours re-creating palettes, shapes and playbacks, and now about to start re-programming cues. Stressful and a waste of time very close to a show.

My GF asked if I'll go back to v10 after the show, before the next one...would like to as some of the new features are cool, but really not sure if I'll trust it!?
Olie
Site Admin

Re: Had to downgrade to Titan 9

Postby Olie » 07 Nov 2016, 11:10

Sorry to hear this happened to you and I would have gone back to V9 in similar circumstances. The problems you are describing are not something we are widely aware as a problem with V10. Could you please send your logs to us so we can investigate why this was happening.
Avolites Software Team
nigelj

Postby nigelj » 07 Nov 2016, 11:35

Where are the logs saved?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 07 Nov 2016, 19:38

There is a tool in the Start Menu called Log Collector which will copy the log files into a zip file for you. By default it will copy logs from the previous seven days but you can change this by clicking the Options button. If the logs are large it may be better to upload them to a file transfer site such as WeTransfer and email the link to us.