titan mobile and dmx in artnet?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

reffelight

titan mobile and dmx in artnet?

Postby reffelight » 27 Oct 2016, 12:09

Hi everybody .

I have one question for for you.

I looking for a command for start séquence on my titan mobile with resolume arena .
I know SMPTE dosen t possible on a titan mobile ... its to bad we cant do that with an extern audio card ...maybe in a next update...
So i thought maybe i can send a dmx in information at my titan by artnet .

That possible ?

Thank for you answer!
Gregory

Re: titan mobile and dmx in artnet?

Postby Gregory » 27 Oct 2016, 12:56

Titan Mobile can accept Triggers using the physical MIDI or DMX connectors or by receiving Streaming ACN (sACN) through the computers network connection. Titan can also respond to MIDI Show Control (MSC) and MIDI Timecode (MTC) using the physical port on the Titan Mobile. The Titan software can send Art-Net but not receive.
reffelight

Postby reffelight » 27 Oct 2016, 14:44

Ok thank for answer.

Ithink its to bad than other lightdesk .
I hope that can change in other update...
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Oct 2016, 18:00

Please could you add this to the Titan Feature Requests thread, including if necessary any details of how you would expect to use it.
Manu

Postby Manu » 16 Nov 2016, 09:50

Gregory wrote:Titan Mobile can accept Triggers using the physical MIDI or DMX connectors or by receiving Streaming ACN (sACN) through the computers network connection. Titan can also respond to MIDI Show Control (MSC) and MIDI Timecode (MTC) using the physical port on the Titan Mobile. The Titan software can send Art-Net but not receive.

Hi,

So the dmx ports of titan mobile can be "dmx in" ? I've ever try to connect an other console as trigger with a male/male cable but it doesn't work.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 16 Nov 2016, 14:59

Just tried it myself, connecting from output A on a Quartz to 'output' A on a Titan Mobile using a male-to-male DMX cable and was able to trigger a playback on the Titan Mobile successfully.
djsky

Postby djsky » 07 Jan 2022, 22:52

Apologies for digging this up, but 5 years later… is it now possible to trigger a console by commands recieved over ArtNet?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 10 Jan 2022, 18:10

No. Artnet triggers are not supported.

You can trigger via MIDI (not the T1) - 5pin or rtpMIDI - , sACN, DMX, and depending from your hardware via SMPTE timecode and sound.

There are a number of converters available which you can use to translate from Artnet to sACN, e.g. MidiMonster. Hence I wouldn't regard this an issue.