Several issues with V10 on Tiger Touch II

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

akylese

Several issues with V10 on Tiger Touch II

Postby akylese » 03 Sep 2016, 19:24

Last weekend I installed V10.0 and discovered some paralyzing issues during rehearsal, and had a rough time during the event. Here are some:

1. In the patch view, movers with the P/T Swap checked are not actually swapped. Had to uncheck and recheck the setting for it to take affect.
2. Upon loading the programmer, pressing CLEAR would send the console into a freeze where no buttons, screen press, or external trigger worked. The only access is the Windows menu button on the upper left corner of the screen. I had to power down the console and start again - also forcing me to repeat item #1 above.
3. Some of the playbacks with autoload chases in cues would not kill the chase after the cue has been passed. Other playbacks are fine in this regard. Made for annoying visuals when they shouldn't be there.
4. (This was true with V9.1, but worse now) When making a new shape, in this case a STOP SHAPE for my palette, setting the BPM to 0 yields a 300 setting first, then enter 0 again for it to take. Immediately after, setting the size to 0, yields the BPM to jump to 300 again, needing the BPM to be set to 0 again. Following this with a spread of 4, the BPM AGAIN jumps to 300, requiring ONE MORE setting to 0 before the stop shape can be recorded to the palette.
5. When selecting any playback to be seen in the viewer, the first cue is already highlighted, and remains highlighted (as if for editing) despite GOing through the cue list. Only touching another cue and hitting EXIT gets rid of the highlight.
6. Randomly, opening a previously visited cue list playback and seeing one or several cues with the green progress highlight, even if the cuelist has been killed. This only goes away by launching the cuelist again.
7. Random freezing when either clearing the programmer, going into patch view, or selecting groups. Most often when clearing the programmer.
8. In one freezing instance, mid-show during a song, the auto-follow cue-list continued to advance from cue to cue, despite the console not allowing any button presses. I had to wait until the end of the song to do a DMX line disconnect and restart of the machine. NOT VERY FUN for the event, especially when mid-song.

I will now be deleting V10.0 from this console and running with V9.1 again. The unfortunate thing is that several custom fixture groups have to be re-made in V9.1 because they were saved into a 10.0 file.

:(