Chase on chase problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Chase on chase problem

Postby kimwida » 24 Aug 2016, 09:55

Recently I got a Titan one but I am running my club light shows with Pearl Tiger at this moment.
It is about Pearl Tiger.
I got 8 moving heads and want to run two chases at once.
First chase, the 8 moving heads change to four colors.
Second chase, an white color light turns on the 1st moving head then fade out and it goes to 2nd moving head and so on... to last one.

First chase
step 1 : "clear" => select all moving heads => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 100%, Green = 0%, Red = 0% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 2 : "clear" => select all moving heads => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 0%, Green = 100%, Red = 0% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 3 : "clear" => select all moving heads => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 0%, Green = 0%, Red = 100% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 4 : "clear" => select all moving heads => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 1000%, Green = 0%, Red = 100% =>push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 5 : exit

Second chase
step 1 : "clear" => select 1st moving head => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 100%, Green = 100%, Red = 100% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 2 : "clear" => select 2nd moving head => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 100%, Green = 100%, Red = 100% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 8 : "clear" => select last moving head => Dimmer = 100%, Blue = 100%, Green = 100%, Red = 100% => push swop button with dimmer button light on
step 9 : "clear" => push swop button => exit

Fade Times : two chases use simple times (Fade In : 1, Fade Out : 1, Ltp Fade : 1)

When I turn on the second chase alone, I got the result that I want.
But turn on the first chase, then the second one. I couldn't get what I want.
In the step 2 of the second chase, the 1st moving head stay in "white" instead of the colour of the first chase.
And after the step 9 of the second chase, all moving heads stay in "white" without any change of color.
I don't know why. Do I get the chase mechanism wrong??
niclights
The eManual

Re: Chase on chase problem

Postby niclights » 24 Aug 2016, 10:49

If you're trying to get the white parts to overlay the colours temporarily then I don't think this is going to be possible in the classic software. The RGB controls are all latest takes priority. The two chases will just be fighting over the levels and will all be dependent on the speed and how the steps of the two chases happen to interact. If you paused both the chases and advanced the step of one then the other manually you should find they go to the recorded values but with them fading and quickly advancing in a chase the result will probably end up mostly white with some dips where the colour part gets a chance to take control.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 19 Apr 2017, 10:36

niclights wrote:If you're trying to get the white parts to overlay the colours temporarily then I don't think this is going to be possible in the classic software. The RGB controls are all latest takes priority. The two chases will just be fighting over the levels and will all be dependent on the speed and how the steps of the two chases happen to interact. If you paused both the chases and advanced the step of one then the other manually you should find they go to the recorded values but with them fading and quickly advancing in a chase the result will probably end up mostly white with some dips where the colour part gets a chance to take control.

Actually, I got the exact same question on Pearl Expert console with v6 software. Is there solution with newer version software?
There's another thing I am think of. In Edit Times, you can set colour cue into fader to fader (mode 2), so the colour would change back to the original one after you level down the fader. Is there possibility to set chase or cue list in to similar mode? Or maybe link all the mode 2 colour cues together?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Apr 2017, 12:09

It is not currently possible to use mode 2 in chases or cuelists but there is an option called 'Cue Release' in newer versions of Titan to achieve this. Titan version 6 is very old now. You should be able to upgrade from version 6 to version 9.1 without any problems. For version 10 you might need to upgrade some of the hardware.