Color bump

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Light-Tech

Color bump

Postby Light-Tech » 04 Aug 2016, 09:56

hello,

i want to make a colorbump of 2 steps where i can use my GO button on my Avolites Tiger Touch with Titan V9

Step 1: The color for the odd group is white, and the color for the even group must go back to the color that i have selected from my palettes (doen't matter which one)

Step2: The even group must be go to color white. and the odd group must go to the color that i have selected from my palettes.

So i can use only one bump over all the colors.
and the color of the bump is than white.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Color bump

Postby niclights » 04 Aug 2016, 10:05

Record a chase or cue list where the first step only contains the odd fixtures in white and the second step only contains the even fixtures in white. Then turn cue release on in playback options.
Light-Tech

Postby Light-Tech » 04 Aug 2016, 10:22

Thank you, i am going to try
jsustrunck

Postby jsustrunck » 05 Aug 2016, 10:45

It will be cool if you can also choose your bump color, instead of making a single chase for every color. So that you can create every color combination when busking a show. Is this possible? Or will it be in the future?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Aug 2016, 11:37

Not as such. For sure it has been discussed but I'm not sure if there is an obvious mechanism.

However, there is a way using pixel map:

- Create two layers where the first layer is a block element that completely covers all the fixtures and the second is the 'bump' (for example a vertical block with a linear movement animation).
- For both layers turn on 'Use Master' and record to a cue.
- Assign layer 1 and layer 2 pixel map masters.
- Select the layer 1 master and record some normal background colour palettes
- Select the layer 2 master and record some normal bump colour palettes

The two sets of palettes will now allow you to control the base and bump colour respectively. Note that the intensity of the two layer masters need to be raised but you could freeze this at full. Also note for this to work it is important that the 'bump' layer is after the 'background' layer as the layers have priorities. If it's the other way around the background layer would have priority and prevent the bump layer from doing anything.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 05 Aug 2016, 12:46

You could just leave the background of the pixel map effect transparent then the current colour of the fixtures will show through and you then have one layer which has your bump colour.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Aug 2016, 12:59

Yes. Not sure why I made that so complicated...
yyy898

Postby yyy898 » 05 Aug 2016, 14:46

i made a color chase using 2 pallets and then a macro to change those pallets to pallets i place in a specific position. That way i can choose my colors for my chases live
jsustrunck

Postby jsustrunck » 05 Aug 2016, 15:23

Thanks guys,

this works well in some cases. Not exactly what I wanted (because this will not work properly on fixtures with colorwheels). But I finally do understand the function of the pixelmap masters. Which can be very usefull :D
yyy898

Postby yyy898 » 05 Aug 2016, 15:43

jsustrunck wrote:Thanks guys,

this works well in some cases. Not exactly what I wanted (because this will not work properly on fixtures with colorwheels). But I finally do understand the function of the pixelmap masters. Which can be very usefull :D

my method does work with collor wheels
jsustrunck

Postby jsustrunck » 09 Aug 2016, 10:51

yyy898 wrote:i made a color chase using 2 pallets and then a macro to change those pallets to pallets i place in a specific position. That way i can choose my colors for my chases live

Could you descripe how you made the macro? Thanks
yyy898

Postby yyy898 » 09 Aug 2016, 11:45

jsustrunck wrote:
yyy898 wrote:i made a color chase using 2 pallets and then a macro to change those pallets to pallets i place in a specific position. That way i can choose my colors for my chases live

Could you descripe how you made the macro? Thanks

basicly its this:
first i coppied 2 of my color pallets to page 2 of the color pallet window.
then i made a color chase just like you would normally do using those 2 pallets on page 2.
then i go back to page 1 and make shure that i have a free place to put 2 color pallets somewhere i always remember, i copy the two color pallets that i want my chase to change to in those 2 places.

than the macro part.
first the macro goes to blind mode because when im live i don't want to see the lights flickr while the macro is running.
then the macro selects all the lights that i want to use in the color chase.
then the macro selects the first color that i put in that place on page 1 of the color pallets.
the macro then goes to page two of the color pallets and replaces the first color of my color chase.
the same thing is done for the second color, so the macro goes back to page 1, selects the second "new" color in that dedicated place,
then it goes back to page 2 and replaces the second palet of the color chase.
make shure you exit blind mode before you save the macro.

TADAAAA ! ! !

now you have a macro to change the color chases collors to any new collor you want.

Its one of my more complicated ones so if you have any problems just ask it here.
I hope this post helped you.
jsustrunck

Postby jsustrunck » 10 Aug 2016, 13:03

Thanks for your help, bur how do you replace the color at the second page when making the macro?
yyy898

Postby yyy898 » 10 Aug 2016, 13:16

jsustrunck wrote:Thanks for your help, bur how do you replace the color at the second page when making the macro?

easy just press record and then the palette you want to replace, at the touchscreen you will be given the option to merge or replace, choose replace (i find it a bit safer then using merge)
jsustrunck

Postby jsustrunck » 10 Aug 2016, 13:34

I understand, but when I press record it will end the macro and save it. So your last steps will not get into the macro.