Upgrading software from old Pearl Expert to Titan Pearl Expert

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Upgrading software from old Pearl Expert to Titan Pearl Expert

Postby Peri_95 » 09 Jul 2016, 12:34

Hello community,

I have that old Avolites Pearl Expert from 2009 (I think) and it's great but there are some things that I don't like, like not being able to store shapes(like pan saw for example) where I can normally save Palettes, but only on the rollers. I am not so much expert at that console but to be honest, maybe it would be even better to save palettes on the rollers but various shapes on that 60 faders(or just being able to store whatever I want wherever I want).

Anyways, I've heard that Titan Pearl Expert update has these abilities. If that's not true, I would like anyways to update that console to newer software. It's already 7 years old. Also, I've heard that it's possible to put SSD where HDD is, what would be also really nice(although it doesn't lag, but maybe with the new software it would).

So my question is: Is it possible to update Avolites Pearl expert firmware to the newer version(like Titan Pearl Expert)? If yes, how?

Thanks for reading and
with best regards
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Re: Upgrading software from old Pearl Expert to Titan Pearl Expert

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2016, 19:51

It is certainly possible to run Titan on the Pearl Expert although there may be some hardware updates required.

Up to and including Titan v9.1 you need to ensure all relevant upgrades in the Titan V6 Upgrade Guide have been performed. You can find this and other relevant documents on the Titan V6 Upgrade page here.

To use Titan v10.0 you will require the following:

- For the first generation Pearl Expert you will need to purchase a pro upgrade which includes a new motherboard and UPS (consoles with the LV677 motherboard do not support Titan v10)
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Minimum 40GB SSD. Spinning drives are not supported.
- Perform all relevant ECN upgrades, in particular ECN-204.

It is very important that all upgrades and replacements are purchased from Avolites. Using third party parts may result in the software failing, not installing or not licensing.

You can find links to recovery creators and relevant ECN's here.

For further assistance I recommend you contact Avolites direct, either by phone or email.