Help with MIDI Triggers

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Stiffler

Help with MIDI Triggers

Postby Stiffler » 05 Jul 2016, 05:05

Hi,

I operate a Tiger Touch on the weekends, and I'm having trouble getting MIDI to work the way I want it to. Specifically, I want to use MIDI to flash cues, but everything I trigger with MIDI ends up latching & requires a second 'off' command. I must be missing something, any ideas? Thanks!
Gregory

Re: Help with MIDI Triggers

Postby Gregory » 05 Jul 2016, 23:38

There are a few different ways you can do this but if you set the trigger type to Item you get the option to set the Action to Flash. On the MIDI trigger side if the trigger is coming through as a Note On and a Note Off make sure you use the command labelled just Note so it will handle both of these with the same trigger.
Stiffler

Postby Stiffler » 06 Jul 2016, 00:17

I did not see an action option, is this in all versions of Titan? Or am I just missing it? I'll swing by the club tomorrow evening & see if I can't find it. Thanks!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 06 Jul 2016, 22:17

When you start to add a trigger there is a menu to select what you want to trigger on the console. One of the softkeys (A) selects between a Hardware trigger or an Item trigger. A hardware trigger links to a specific button and will do what that button does if you press it (if the page changes it will press the same button on the new page). An item trigger is linked to a particular thing in your show such as a playback or fixture, for these you specify the action e.g. flash. For an item trigger it doesn't matter what page you are on or even if you move the playback etc. it will still trigger the same thing.
stevelights

Postby stevelights » 29 Jul 2018, 13:39

Is there any literature about all the types of settings there are , and what the action do, I am referring to the midi triggers.
The Avo manual is not so detailed in this section.