Global cue times

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

figursagsmats

Global cue times

Postby figursagsmats » 09 May 2016, 04:22

Hi!

Been through the Titan manual twice, but i can't seem to understand how to achieve the following:

Define the fade time of certain cues globally. Such as a fade time master.
There is a "global" option when adjusting fade times under "Edit times" but i have no idea where this time is defined or if does anything similar to what i want.

The next best thing would be to have the option of defining fade time before firing a cue. Similar to applying a palette with fade time by pressing the numeric keys.

Help is much appreciated.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Global cue times

Postby niclights » 09 May 2016, 09:41

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Hopefully it will be added in a future version.
figursagsmats

Postby figursagsmats » 09 May 2016, 12:04

Thanks for the quick response!

What does the "global" option mean then?

Where to I put in a feature request?
Unfortunately, to me this is deal breaker when doing installations as i spend a lot of time programming an app that controls the console remotely and not being able not set a global fade time makes the programming time grow radically :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 May 2016, 12:40

Global in timing normally refers to individual fixture/attribute timing. I'm not sure why it's possible to set playbacks or cues to global.

There is a sticky feature requests topic at the top of the Avolites Consoles subforum. There is already a request for live timing but I don't think there's anything about global timing yet.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 09 May 2016, 13:49

You can achieve something similar by creating a palette with times in it and using that when recording all your cues. When you update the time in the palette all the cues will use the new time. Unfortunately there is no way to view a cue time in a palette unless you apply it to some fixtures but you can update the time by merging the new time values back into the same palette.

Apart from attribute times like Nic said, a Global time is used in chase cues to make them refer to the chase BPM/speed. However in any cues not in chases Global has no effect. Sometimes a cue will get this time as it has been included or copied from a chase or if the time field is left blank.
jgutworth

Postby jgutworth » 06 Sep 2017, 06:14

Does anyone know if this feature has been added yet? It would be very useful tool. Thanks!