another patching problem Pearl2004 V1.2

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

another patching problem Pearl2004 V1.2

Postby iadwm » 20 Jan 2006, 07:37

Hi,

Either I am being very silly or there is some weirdness going on....

A simple re-patching of one dimmer on address A400, to be moved to B001

I know the dimmer is patched correctly (to A 400) and working, it appears in the fixture patch and DMX patch list.

I select <patch>, <repatch> , select the new DMX line B, address is at 001
Hit the (correct) preset swap to make the repatch and the desk says
"no fixture found".

If try the same thing with any patched intelligent and it's fine....any dimmer and it doesn't want to know. I've tried deleting and patching a new dimmer, I've tried changing the DMX channels. It doesn't work.

Using the generic dimmer from the patch fixture list works ok, it's the 'dimmer' from the inital 'patch dimmer or fixture', that doesn't seem to work.

I have never noticed this before, probably due to starting from scratch all the time. Or have I missed something?

Confused regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
iadwm

all make sense now....

Postby iadwm » 20 Jan 2006, 17:41

Ok - after some head scratching....and talking to those that know more than me!

The <repatch> function does not work for dimmers, only fixtures.
(that'll be why the desk says "fixture not found")

The manual only mentions 'fixtures' in the repatch description, didn't really take that on board!

You can 're patch' a dimmer, by adding and deleting in the same button sequence. In other words, you add a second address - this is the new address you want to re patch to, then delete the old address. Doing this in the same button sequence preserves the programming. You have to remember to delete the old channel by the DMX address and not delete dimmer, or you will delete the whole handle.

I guess if you new that repatch didn't work for dimmers, the above may have been obvious....but I didn't and it wasn't.

Thanks to Ian at 1159 for clarifying....
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com