Timecode

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

zahoorjury

Timecode

Postby zahoorjury » 20 Mar 2016, 14:24

Hi all , I am running TT v9 , kindly help me from where can I learn time code sequence with internal Winamp or some external AV device . Thanks
Jack_NL

Re: Timecode

Postby Jack_NL » 21 Mar 2016, 08:07

Hi,

If you want to use winamp you have to patch it like a fixture. [Nullsoft] [Winamp]
In the atribute window you can find the commands you can send to winamp.
Before you start making timecode triggered playback you firts have to make some palettes to make it a lot easier.
You can program the palettes in the position workspace.
The way I like to do it is to make for each track the next palettes, all at normale mode and with a atributre mask

- A play , pause and stop.
- Track number - to select the track
- Time cue - so you can start the track at the time you want.
- Volume high
- Volume low
- Volume off, so you can level each track.

and a couple of macros ( in the macro forum you can find the enable timecode and disable timecode macro)
- Connect cue list
- Disconect cue list ( if connected you can not release the playback)
- Release cuelist
- Release Track
- Open playback view.

Tis is wat I program for each track

I program a couple off playback.
I don''t make 1 playback with al the cues for winamp, macros an lights. because I find out that if it is in one cue list Winamp can do some strange things.

So one playback for the track,
- 1 select track
- 2.1 play
- 2.2 pause
- 2.3 set cue time
- 3 Volume
- 4 PLAY
- 5 Volume off
- 6 STOP

The Playback with the light cues
- this is the playback to be connected to the timer.

The playback to connect and trigger everything
- Enable timer (macro)
- Connect cue list track, connect cue list light
- The Track (autolaod the track cue)
- Disable Timer
- Releas Cue list Light
- Disconnect Cue List
- Release Cue List Track.

Good Luck
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 22 Mar 2016, 12:59

Thanks Jack , will come back to you with some good news.
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 28 Apr 2016, 10:35

Hello Jack. Thank you for the instruction. I haven't get my TM work with Winamp.

I patched Winamp to the workspace already. I record some pallets to the position like : play , stop ... But when i pressed to these winamp didn't change anything. Do i have to config something for the console to realize it ? I can do timecode by using winamp but i want to record some pallet to change everything on the software like you is faster.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 28 Apr 2016, 14:02

You will also need to install the plugin for Winamp to allow you to control it from the Titan software. This is installed by default on the consoles. The plugin also has to be configured to listen to the same DMX address as it is patched on the console.
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 28 Apr 2016, 17:04

I installed that plug in already. I can use winamp time code at the moment but i can't control the winamp software by patching it on the workspace. Do i need to config something on the winamp to make it listen to the Titan software?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 28 Apr 2016, 19:23

Gregory wrote:The plugin also has to be configured to listen to the same DMX address as it is patched on the console.

What address are you patching the Winamp fixture to in Titan? The default address in the plugin is line 1 address 1, to change this open Winamp Preferences from the Options menu (or Ctrl+P), then on the left select Plug-ins > General Purpose, from the list on the right select Avolites Virtual Fixture and click the Configure selected plug-in button.
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 29 Apr 2016, 07:13

Gregory wrote:
Gregory wrote:The plugin also has to be configured to listen to the same DMX address as it is patched on the console.

What address are you patching the Winamp fixture to in Titan? The default address in the plugin is line 1 address 1, to change this open Winamp Preferences from the Options menu (or Ctrl+P), then on the left select Plug-ins > General Purpose, from the list on the right select Avolites Virtual Fixture and click the Configure selected plug-in button.

Thank you Gregory. My winamp in the Titan is working now. But when i record some pallets in the the position menu i didn't work.

For example: i call Winamp and went to "I" in the attributes and change to play and store it, i did the same to Stop and Pause function but when i press these pallet Winamp didn't follow my command. Please advise.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Apr 2016, 10:33

When recording palettes to the palette windows by double-tapping an empty handle or using RECORD/handle only attributes relevant to the window will be recorded. For example the Positions window will only record attributes assigned to the position group (usually pan and tilt).

When you adjust an attribute it goes into the programmer. The group it is assigned to will also illuminate in the IPCGBESFX buttons in the touch wheel display.

Normally the attribute should be assigned to the same group as the wheel slot. For example, a dimmer control will be under the 'I' (intensity) wheel slot and adjusting it will light the 'I' button as it is assigned to the intensity group. However, with the Winamp fixture almost all of the controls are currently assigned to the 'Special' group.

Palette windows filter attribute groups as follows:

Positions = P
Colours = C
Gobos and Beams = I, G, B, E, S
Shapes and Effects = FX

Therefore to store Winamp palettes by double-tap or via RECORD/handle you need to use the Gobos and Beams window.

However, you can override the filters and record any control to any window.
You can do this by going via the 'Record Palette' menu. This can be accessed either by RECORD/PALETTE, PALETTE/[Record palette] or Avo+PALETTE.

The Record palette menu provides many options but by default it is setup in a way that will allow you to record any attribute to any palette window. So RECORD/PALETTE/handle should work fine for Winamp palettes in the Positions window if you want them there.

Finally the quick record filters only apply when initially recording the palette. There are no restrictions on moving them. So you could double-tap in the Gobos and Beams window and then move it to the Positions window.