Pearl Expert updated to 9.1, now thinks it has two screens.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kingofskies

Pearl Expert updated to 9.1, now thinks it has two screens.

Postby kingofskies » 09 Feb 2016, 19:54

Hello.

Yesterday I updated our Pearl Expert running Titan 7.4, to titan 9.1

The short version:
Console thinks it has two external monitors, displays context buttons on the imaginary monitor #1, I need them on monitor #2.

The long version:
I ran the Titan 9.0 recovery, and then used the Titan installer to update to 9.1. Followed all the instructions, updated the panel firmware, all good. Health check says I need to run teh recovery again because the disk is almost full. But I put that off for a little because the day was winding down to clock out time. So I booted a show, everything looked good except for the touch screen. I had to flip the screen upside down to get the touch to line up, and the calibrate touchscreen button was missing from the menu. So that was the first issue. But I thought I solved it, so I clocked out and went home.

Came in today, booted up, and noticed the setup on the screen that allows selection of workspace palettes isn't on the screen, and neither is the window showing cuelist assigned to A-B Banks of executors. I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday, but it was the end of the day and I was distracted so I'm not positive.

This isn't game breaking, but it's pretty inconvenient! The control panel shows two monitors. The external monitor I'm using is identified as number 2. If I select show desktop on only monitor 2, no change, If I select duplicate displays instead of extend, no change.

Anyone know anything about this?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Pearl Expert updated to 9.1, now thinks it has two screens.

Postby niclights » 09 Feb 2016, 20:44

I might be misunderstanding but the external monitor should not have the context menu, workspace shortcut or playback touch sections. These are designed for the Pearl Expert Wing which is the primary display. The external display (secondary) should just have the quad workspaces. So this sounds correct to me but I may be wrong or have misunderstood.
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 05 Sep 2018, 16:50

i know this is an old thread but i seem to be having the same issues as described here.

basically iv just bought a used pearl expert and its running 9.1. it had been upgraded to 3gb of ram, 420gb ssd and runs very smooth.

im having a problem where the console seems to think 2 monitors are connected. i only have the touch wing connected but some windows seem to be going missing and they appear to be off screen so i cant access them.

let me try and explain - so i boot the console up and every time i boot the console up the touch screen calibration is not correct, it alwsys the same its flipped opposite to my movements so if i go up it will go left and if i go down it will go right. VERY ODD

i then enter the touch screen calibration and it lets me calibrate the touch screen but when i try and use the touch screen its as if my movements are acting on another screen so for instance i start writing on the screen and the mouse cursor isnt showing up so i pull out the built in keyboard and mouse and scroll to the left for a while and the mouse appears as if when i use the touch screen it shoots off to the right onto the non-existent screen.

sometimes during calibration it wont let me finish, the little cursor gets stuck and doesnt move to the next box.

all very strange stuff so hoping someone can help with fixing

thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 05 Sep 2018, 17:36

In the System menu under Display Setup there should be an option to enable or disable the External Display, this should prevent workspace windows from opening on the wrong monitor. On the older Pearl Expert hardware it was not possible to automatically detect whether displays were connected so by default at the operating system level it was set to always output to two monitors, you then could use the options in Display Setup to configure Titan correctly.

To fix the touchscreen settings it may be best to run a Standard Recovery as this will put all operating system settings back to defaults. If this does not resolve it, post back here and I can go through in more detail what the correct settings should be.
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 18 Sep 2018, 08:52

Thanks for the reply Gregory. Could you talk me through carrying out a standard recovery?

Thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Oct 2018, 22:32

Please try the instructions here. Some of the information is specific to v11.1 however most of it is the same for other versions.