Storing a fade for palletes (Avolites Pearl Expert)?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Storing a fade for palletes (Avolites Pearl Expert)?

Postby Peri_95 » 10 Sep 2015, 01:30

Hello people,

I am a half beginner for Avolites Pearl Expert, because I already have a big experience with lighting but not with the Pearl Expert too.

So, I have a question. How can I store a fade Time for a individual pallete. I was able to do something with that "Focus" button and then I enter 5 for example,
which means 5 seconds fade, and then I click certain pallete. But as soon as I want to change some other pallete that I don't want to be in FADE, I have to enter 0 and then click it. The screen is covered then with that "Focus" window and I really need to have it free for selecting groups later for palletes.

SO, I would need to somehow, store fade time for a certain pallete. Other palletes (for colors for example) should stay the same, without a fade.
Is there anyway to store that fade for specific palletes, so I don't have to worry about fade anymore and can have free screen for selecting groups.
I hope that you understand me, cause I am really in hurry :D
I need to do a concert in few days, and would like to know how to get it done.

Thanks in advance,
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Re: Storing a fade for palletes (Avolites Pearl Expert)?

Postby niclights » 10 Sep 2015, 06:31

In short - place time value in programmer and then merge into palette. If the time doesn't apply when you recall you will need to change the setting in key profiles/options (I think!)
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 10 Sep 2015, 12:01

Hm, it would be the best if you can tell me the step by step solution, cause I didn't completely unterstand. If it's difficult to you then, thanks anyways. I will manage to get it done, somehow, I hope :D

Best regards,
Peri_95
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 11 Sep 2015, 14:20

It would be good if someone could answer by tomorrow, cause I am doing that concert tomorrow. But ok, if not now then when you can, I'll need it for later anyways.
Thanks in advance :)
Quidam

Postby Quidam » 14 Sep 2015, 12:22

See section 10.1.11 here :
http://www.avolites.com/Portals/0/downl ... f#page=191

To edit programmer cue time, press the [Time] button next to the keypad.
Just like other parameters, once you've modified a cue time value, it's dumped into the programmer and you can record the programmer content (or parts of it) in memories/playbacks or palettes.
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 14 Sep 2015, 13:28

Ok thank you very much. I have done that job already, somehow managed with that old trick with "focus" although it wasn't that quick, but ok, the overall show was good. I'll manage to get this done this way.

Best Regards,
Peri_95