Titan mobile locating movers

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Derval94

Titan mobile locating movers

Postby Derval94 » 29 Aug 2015, 03:42

I just got the Titan Mobile today and I've installed the software, which seems to all work good, serial numbers etc. I am new to all this and I've just a small starting off problem. First of all I'll explain my set up.. I have my Titan mobile patched with 1 Martin Entour Mac 250 with 17 channels. It's address corresponds with the controller and it's connected with DMX cable to line 1 of the controller etc. The problem I'm having is, when I go to see what the particular light does (personality set up when I patched it too btw) but it doesn't seem to respond. How can I get it to work before I try programming. I hit the fixture I wanted to locate too and still nothing.. Any help would be much appreciated. I am going to a beginners training day in UK but I would really like to at least be able to flick through the various channels of a fixture and see its possibilities...! There are lots of videos online but nothing on opening the box and starting from scratch with the Titan mobile and connecting and patching it to a physical fixture sitting in the room beside you just for practice.. Or did I miss it.. :roll:
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan mobile locating movers

Postby niclights » 29 Aug 2015, 09:21

I'm guessing when you say 'locate' you mean 'trying to find', rather than the Avolites function called 'locate'. Moved from Personality Builder forum to Titan One. If I have misunderstood then please let me know.

Starting from the beginning (note if something in these instructions is in square brackets it denotes a softkey - one of the buttons at the top right of the screen):

- Launch Titan One
- Press Disk/[New Show]/[Ok]
- Press Patch/[Fixtures]/[Martin]/[MAC 250 Entour]
- Now choose the appropriate mode from the softkeys. Note that as far as I am aware (and in line with the manufacturer's documentation) the Entour does not have a 17 channel mode. Instead it has 18 or 15
- You should now find the [Address] softkey is selected automatically. If the start address is not 001 enter the correct address
- Now select one of the boxes in the Fixtures window at the top

This has patched the fixture to a 'handle'.

- Press Exit five times to get out of the patch menus
- Select the fixture you just patched by touching the handle called 'Mc250Entor'
- You should see the left-most thumbwheel at the bottom-right now has 'Dimmer' 0.00%. Dragging on the thumbwheel will allow you to increase or decrease this
- The IPCGBES buttons above the wheels allow you to select the available attributes of the selected fixture(s). Where there is more than one page of attributes pressing the button twice will toggle through the pages. Try pressing the I (intensity) button again. You will see dimmer changes to Shutter Func and Shutter. Press I again and you will go back to Dimmer. Pressing P will show Pan Tilt, C = Colour etc
- Alternatively you can use the Attribute Editor. Select this from the Workspace shortcuts on the left. This will open a window where you can select the available attributes from a list on the left and the associated functions will appear on the right. Where a function is a range (for example dimmer 0-100%) when you click and hold a bar will appear that you can drag to set the required level

In case you knew all this but were asking how to see what channels the personality has you have a few options:

Either
- Press View then select the fixture handle. This will open the Fixture View window where you can see the channels, their channel offsets and the corresponding addresses
or
- [Open Workspace Window]/[Next x3]/[DMX]. This will open the DMX output window where you can see all the DMX channels and their corresponding fixture, attribute and output level
or
- Patch/[Edit Fixtures]/[Edit Personality]/[MAC 250 Entour]. This will open the personality in Personality Builder which is where it was originally created. This is an advanced tool for editing and creating but will show every aspect of the attributes and their functions
Derval94

Postby Derval94 » 31 Aug 2015, 15:56

Hi, Thanks so much for getting back to my post and for all the information, its much appreciated!! :o I was referring to the locate button on my Titan Mobile (I'm not using Titan One). I know its probably a given that I at least already know how to do this but, ..I'm at very beginner stage and I'm self learning as much as I can before I go to the training day in London next month.. Basically I am trying to see what the light I have here, connected to the Titan Mobile does and control it through the console too. The following is what is set on the back of menu of the fixture Martin Entour Mac 250 if it helps..

ADDR- set to 1
PSET- set to 16bt
PATI- set to swop
PTSP- set to norm
EFSP- set to NORM
STUD- set to off
PERS- set to DISP
DFSE- set to FACT
INFO- set to Time
DMXL- set to RATE
MAN - RST
TSEQ - RUN
UTIL- 1
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Aug 2015, 16:19

My apologies. Moved to consoles. Not sure why I thought Titan One.

I'm still a bit confused by your question. Locate sets some defaults as defined in the fixture personality, the main purpose being to light the fixture so you can 'locate' it on the stage. To see what the light does you would normally look in the fixture manual although you could refer to the console controls as detailed in my post below.

The fixture settings are not particularly relevant other than PSET = 16bit which should correspond to the 18 channel personality in the console.
Derval94

Postby Derval94 » 31 Aug 2015, 17:43

Hi there, sorry for the confusion..! I just figured it out, in the manual I realised I hadn't the 4 DMX lines assigned to my laptop so the outputs were disabled. It is now working and I can get started with the fun bit. :D
Derval94

Postby Derval94 » 31 Aug 2015, 17:47

Basically, when installing a new console, (for me, the Titan Mobile) to a new license on your laptop, the first thing you need to do is enable the DMX lines so their outputs connect/talk to your fixtures.