Importing show files

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Importing show files

Postby Judge » 24 Aug 2015, 07:59

I am about to take over a show that was programmed by somebody else using a large and bizarre selection of instruments which will not be available to us on the tour. Its all on one large cue list, well labelled with all timings.
Fixture exchange will be a nightmare so its looking like it might be as easy to start again fresh.
I am wondering whether it is possible, or even advisable to JUST import the cue list. Then I build my own pallets and patch, then bump through the list recording new information as I go.
Daft question?
yyy898

Re: Importing show files

Postby yyy898 » 24 Aug 2015, 11:12

why is exhanging a nighmare ?
it is indeed a good option to just import the cuelist and maybe the pallet's into our new showfile
Judge

Postby Judge » 24 Aug 2015, 12:38

The problem with exchanging is that there are fixtures that I just will not have, and many single dimmers that I will not have. It will be an entirely different rig with little in common. So rather than trying to match what he had with similar things its almost easier to start again. However I wrote the cue list with the director early this year, so we would like to keep that as a basis for plotting the show again.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Aug 2015, 17:38

One option is to create a new patch with the fixtures you do have. Then import the old show, mapping the most relevant fixtures. After that import the cuelist/palettes etc.
Judge

Postby Judge » 24 Aug 2015, 17:47

Thanks Nic, that sounds like a good plan. Where is the option in Import to load the cuelists? I see pallettes but not cues.
Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Aug 2015, 18:08

If you're looking at the default grid view in the Show Library workspace then the playbacks are grouped by page after everything else. You can use the playback filter on the left to just show the playback pages.