v9 Loading Shows from Removable Drives

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

gar.george

v9 Loading Shows from Removable Drives

Postby gar.george » 17 Jul 2015, 20:03

Hi

So I've just encountered a bit of a strange issue.

I've been transferring show files between Tiger Touches using a normal removable drive. For ease, I popped into the "Folders" to manually copy and paste the show files from the show data drive to my removable flash drive.

When plugging this into another Tiger Touch I found if I tried to load the show file straight from the USB drive using Disk->Load Show->Removable Disk the Show Browser will only show the "single version" show files. So my multiple version show files (the ones with several show files in a folder) do not display at all.

To get round this I have to again go into "Folders" and manually copy the show files back onto the show data drive on the desk. Then Titan can find them on the Internal storage. Is this a known problem? Am I missing something?

Also...

When using the softkeys, so Disk->Load Show->Removable Disk-> **** - the show files listed here seem to be accurate (although missing the multi-version ones). Whereas, Disk->Load Show -> pops up with the show browser window, but pressing removable disk on that window doesn't show any files at all! But if you leave it on All drives then they appear in the list.

Basically, the show browser window doesn't seem to accurately filter the show files when you click on the Removable Disk filter, but Titan can clearly see the files because they appear elsewhere. Multiversion files don't appear anywhere apart from Internal storage.

Am I on my own with this behavior? I seem to get it on Tiger Touch original, Tiger Touch II and Titan One. All version 9. I'm not sure if it used to have the same issue in v8.

Cheers

George
niclights
The eManual

Re: v9 Loading Shows from Removable Drives

Postby niclights » 17 Jul 2015, 21:11

I can't reproduce any of these issues. Are you sure you had the correct folder structure on the removable drive? It should be Titan\Show Files\<showfile name>\
gar.george

Re: v9 Loading Shows from Removable Drives

Postby gar.george » 19 Jul 2015, 17:41

That would be my issue then... I didn't realise it had to follow a specific folder structure to find the show files. Thanks for that.

This solves my problem, but does leave an inconsistency still. As shown with my screen capture.

I've created two show files, one called "In root" (in the root of the drive) and one called "In folder structure" (in Titan\Show Files\ on the removable disk).

Image Image Image

The file placed in the correct place will display as expected: in the "All drives" list, the "Removable Disk list" and in the softkey selection after clicking the "Removable Disk" softkey.

The file placed in the root of the drive displays differently: in the "All drives" list, and in the softkey selection - but not in the "Removable Disk list".

Thanks for your help anyway...

George