Cue list, cues fire based on fader level.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

mdc2000

Cue list, cues fire based on fader level.

Postby mdc2000 » 03 Apr 2015, 21:09

I know you can trigger the first cue and release a cue list on 0, but is there a way to assign a cue to fire when a fader reaches a certain level and and move back and forth within the cue list based on that fader level. The reason I'm asking is because on some shows I have to deal with MC's without follow spots and setting 2 positions and fader mode to fade to fader simply doesn't give accurate enough control over pan and tilt tracking. I could see this function also being useful as a more accurate mode than fade to fader. Instead using a fader to transition from A-B, One could transion To as many as 25 steps reasonably with only raising a single fader.
yyy898

Re: Cue list, cues fire based on fader level.

Postby yyy898 » 03 May 2015, 19:36

It is possible but it's not easy and you lose 2 physical dmx output's that you can't use for anything else (you will soon see why)

1) instead of putting all the cues in one fader put them all on different faders (don't have to be physical faders it can be virtual playback's to, later on we control them all with one fader)

2) make as many custom dimmer curves as you have cues, the first custom dimmer curve start's at 0% when the faders is at 0% and reaches 100% when the fader reaches let say 20% (can be smaller if you have a lot of cues) the second custom dimmer curve is at 0% until the fader reaches 20% then it goes up linear and reaches 100% when the fader reaches 40% and so on

3) patch as many dimmer channel's as you have cues (patch them on a physical output with nothing else patched to -> first physical output you lose) and assign the first custom dimmer curve to the first dimmer, second to second, and so on

4) put all the dimmers you just created at 100% and record them at the fader which you want to use to cycle through the cues

5) now connect the physical output of the dmx line with the dimmers to another empty physical output which you are going to use as an input with a male 5 pin to male 5 pin cable (second physical output you lose)

6) now in the remote input's menu of your console assign the dmx channel of the first dimmer to the fader of the first cue (see step 1) the second to the second and so on.

Ok, your done, i said it wasn't going to be easy but this is the only way :D

if this doesn't work or if you have questions don't hasitate to mail me at: jonasnijs@gmail.com