pearl fixture file

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

mmarkaritzer

pearl fixture file

Postby mmarkaritzer » 26 Apr 2004, 11:58

got some question on the avolites fixture fils system : how can i build a "custom fixture disk" ? I tried to copy just one fixture file onto disk and chose "Select Fixture" with the disk in and got no file found on this disk.btw i was an old pearl with the 2000 software and a r20 file.
any help would be appreciated.
Chris Steel

Postby Chris Steel » 26 Apr 2004, 15:04

You have 2 options.

1) from a disk you need to put the sapprl list file on the disk as well as the sgdata file.

2) If you download the cache builder from our web site it will create a file which allows you to install it into the memory of the console.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 26 Apr 2004, 17:32

With the latest Pearl software it is not necessary to have a listing file. All you have to do is copy across the .R20 files to a disk and then load the disk into the console.

If you do not put the file SG.dat onto the disk then you will find that the Shape generator will not work and you will need to load the shape file separately from the System Utilities menu.

If you have problems with the desk not finding any files on the disk then it could be one of the following problems:

1) The desk does not like your disk. Try a new disk and ideally format it in the desk.
2) There is an error in the personality file. Specifically check the device name.

If you want your disk to work on other Avolites consoles then I recommend you include a listing file.
Avolites Software Team