USB ''B'' How it works?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

sultahan

USB ''B'' How it works?

Postby sultahan » 18 Nov 2014, 07:31

Hi. My titan mobile USB ''A'' connected to the computer. What does the USB ''B''? What can I connect? How do I connect? Thank you .
icke_siegen

Re: USB ''B'' How it works?

Postby icke_siegen » 18 Nov 2014, 07:46

Hi,

in short: just don't use it. If you want to make sure other people don't use it, glue a piece of plastic on top of it. You'll never need it (and if you accidentally connected it to your PC and then did a new install, you'll probably regret it).

Technical background: USB B has just a dongle inside. This was the licencing thing in the older days. But since two years or so, the dongle is not required any more, the consoles' hardware itself now acts as the dongle. Furthermore, connecting this old dongle might prevent the software from running correctly. So: never use it.

Apart from that, there is absolutely no reason to connect this socket: neither for power consumption, not for ground/earth connection.

S.
sultahan

Postby sultahan » 18 Nov 2014, 14:11

hi.
Thank you for informing. but do not try to now titan mobile. I share by opening new topic. Can you help me about you that matters. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ChrisLIT

Postby ChrisLIT » 07 Jan 2015, 08:40

Mine came in handy when someone accidently forced the "a Port" in to hard and busted the solder points and leeds coming off the socket.

so.... we unsoldered the unused "b socket" and used it as a replacement for the "A" port :D

Stuck a piece of foam in the hole to prevent debris from getting inside.