Palette for schutter when dmx channel is htp

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

studio111

Palette for schutter when dmx channel is htp

Postby studio111 » 28 Sep 2014, 20:29

Hi, for the jb system type plano 7tc the shutter is located on top of the dimmer starting at 200. Normal i record the intensity under a cue. So i make a palette that raises the value above 200 making the light flash it's working fine but i can't stop the shutter and lower the dmx value to the point i was before ( value from cue) . Any work arounds for this?
studio111

Re: Palette for schutter when dmx channel is htp

Postby studio111 » 28 Sep 2014, 20:51

Sorry, seems to be the wrong topic
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Sep 2014, 21:17

The only solution I can think of is to record the shutter as a playback with intensity set to release. Toggling the playback on will set the dimmer channel to the shutter level. Toggling the playback off will return it to the current value of the dimmer cue.
studio111

Postby studio111 » 29 Sep 2014, 13:02

hi, this is indeed the way I did it so far. but now I was trying to customize my palette. When i patch my other fixtures i get two buttons that set the strobe to a certain value en one button that stops the strobe. Depending on wich fixture i select it is the same button that starts and stops the shutter. I was thinking of doing the same with the plano and some other led fixtures i have.
Perhaps it can be solved with a virtual dimmer and dimmer channel now program as ltp. I just do not know how to create virtual dimmer.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Sep 2014, 13:31

The problem is that the virtual dimmer will proportionally master the whole channel that is being virtually controlled. So your strobe palettes will be affected by the level of a dimmer cue and will only work if it is high enough/full. If you have a shutter attribute with functions dimmer and strobe (say DMX 0-200, 201-255 respectively) and record two shutter palettes - one in the strobe range and one at the top of the dimmer range - then a virtual dimmer at full will output the strobe palette and return to open as expected, allowing you to then lower the dimmer cue. But if you lower the level of the dimmer cue then the strobe will either output at the wrong speed or go to open.