TM -Freeware workaround for lack of exit confirmation dialog

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Quidam

TM -Freeware workaround for lack of exit confirmation dialog

Postby Quidam » 08 Sep 2014, 16:08

'Exit software ?' confirmation dialog is a popular feature request amongst Titan Mobile and Titan One users, for obvious reasons.
While I have no doubt that Avolites will address this in the future, it is a real concern at the moment for a lot of people, so I thought I could share the workaround I already use for my TM setup with other users.

Please note that this freeware is *not* supported or even acknowledged by Avolites.
Also, I did NOT develop this software, so go for the website if you need to find someone to yell at/ask a question/donate.

It works fine for me on Win 8.1

-----> No Close

The No Close freeware simply disables the Close (X) button located at the top right of an active window.
- To disable the close button on a selected window, press the first hotkey (default is CTRL+1) to temporarily enable or disable it.
- For permanent change, press second hotkey (default is CTRL+2) instead to add the program to the rules (make sure that NoClose is running or else it won’t work...).
- Note that other closing methods such as Alt+F4 will still works.
- It is possible to change the default hotkeys from the Settings by right clicking on the NoClose icon at the notification area and select Settings.
Actually, you probably *should* change the hotkey, as Ctrl+1 is pretty commonly used for other functions in a lot of softwares. I personnaly use CTRL+MAJ+ALT+N...

EDIT : and for those looking for a way to also disable ALT+F4 : have a look at Gone in 60s on the same webpage. It actually acts oddly with Titan, triggering an instant 'recovery' - but that's what we need...