V8 - Shape generator???

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

funkyant

V8 - Shape generator???

Postby funkyant » 29 Aug 2014, 22:16

So wait. There was all this work put into V8 for people using 2 consoles, but as I scroll down the release notes excitedly waiting to read about improvements to the shape generator... nothing.

My heart sinks and I feel a combination of let down, and slightly misled :cry:

What the?

When are Avo users going to get a decent shape generator???? MA runs rings around Titan in this regard.

There really wasn't a single thing in the release notes that got me excited to load v8 up and play with the console, maybe aside from DHCP network setting... yay :?

I'm one of the users that only has a single console and very little need for the remote software. Disappointed.
Olie
Site Admin

Re: V8 - Shape generator???

Postby Olie » 30 Aug 2014, 12:35

I am sorry that you feel disappointed but unfortunately we have a huge variety of different users all with different wishes and requirements. It is not always easy to work on features which will please everyone. We put a huge amount of effort into deciding what features will be included in each version. The V8 Multi-User functionality is the culmination of a three year plan which started with the TNP's and ended with Multi-User. At the point where we started this we polled our user base for the top requested features and networking capability came out at the top of this list.

The good news for you is that we are working on shapes and I am sure you will be highly delighted with the result. This will almost certainly be in V9 but there are many aspects which can effect what features we fit into any version so you can never be sure until the actual release. To avoid disappointment we always avoid publishing the features until they are complete and tested.

One thing you can be sure of is there is a team working very hard to bring you new and innovative functionality.
Avolites Software Team
iluvenca

Postby iluvenca » 30 Aug 2014, 15:43

excelente caballero :)
Ìluvenca
funkyant

Postby funkyant » 30 Aug 2014, 17:02

Yes, I know the Avo team works hard, and I do understand that you can't cater for every user. I'm sorry to post such a negative response to something you all obviously worked hard on, but it was just my honest initial reaction.

At Palme Middle East the guys were saying that there's a new shape gen in the works, so I really assumed that meant in Titan 8, hence the let down.

For busking and club stuff the shape generator is really leaving Titan behind the rest IMO. I love Avolites consoles, but this one thing really frustrates me.

I guess we wait another year or so. It's a shame