Updating cues in cuelists and touring questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ciuf

Updating cues in cuelists and touring questions

Postby ciuf » 05 Aug 2014, 10:55

Hi guys!
I have a method question...
I am touring with my console, one cuelist per page and some other dimmer and or shape cues...
So I always exchange fixtures, feature works really well ( if you park all fixtures first...).
Before the show I run through all my cuelists...and sometimes there is something I want to update..
EX.
cuelist 1/cue number: 3 washes are green and I want them blue.
This is what I do:
select wash group - apply blue palette - record - cuelist 1 - cue number (type 3 )-update cue.

So my question is...Is there an easier way to do that, maybe without typing the cue number, while I am running the cuelist?
I just want to update that cue, not the ones before nor the palette...
I tried with the update button but it changes the first cue in which I apply the colour to washes...

ANY TRICKS?!?!?

BTW how do I edit existing key profiles, making them if possible default for each time I turn on the console?

Ah yes...another thing...heheheh it's schoolday !!

Which is the best way to add shapes in to cuelists?
Is it better to create them on the playback page and then include them in the cues I am recording?
When I update the shapes I have recorded will they update automatically in the cuelist they have been recorded??

Last question, I promise...

Lets say I have cuelists done with 12 washes...and I find 16 washes in a rig...how can I make them work without having to add eveything in every cue of every cuelist?
If I accidentaly delete a parked fixture while patching, what can I do to restore it or to patch a fixture that will be recognised as the previous one in the cuelists??

Sorry....i started and I couldn't finish!!!!!

hahahah CIAO!!!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Updating cues in cuelists and touring questions

Postby niclights » 05 Aug 2014, 12:50

I'm not going to answer all the questions immediately. But for now...

You can't edit the factory key profiles (run/takeover/program). But you can create as many as you like and the console will restore to the last one used when starting/loading show.

For adding more fixtures you just copy fixtures. This will then add the copied fixtures and all their data to any cues that had the original. You can then edit them separately but it gets you to a starting point.

Essentially this is probably the only answer to the accidental deletion at the moment. Autosaves/saving frequently and reloading pre-accident would probably be my preferred solution though. In v8 we will have some more options to help with this.
jojodadj

Postby jojodadj » 06 Aug 2014, 09:03

Hi,

Regarding updating a cue with new info, what desk are you using? Something that works across all desk is
When you have the cue fired, you change the color of washes, hit record then the connect cue button then merge cue.

On the tiger touch 2 desk same thing but there is a button called rec cue. Just press this then merge and it updates your cue!

Joe
ciuf

Postby ciuf » 07 Aug 2014, 07:27

Hy Joe, I'm using Pexp and TM.
Thanks for the tip!! I will try it out!
thekid

Postby thekid » 10 Aug 2014, 13:09

Hi,

As Joe said the fastest way to update a cue is rec step twice and it will merge cue ! (record connect on TM)

An other way of adding shapes into a cue list is recording shape in the shape windows (those shapes acts like palettes, when you change the shape every cue record with that shape palette will me updated ) the when recording your cue list, select fixtures and select the shape you want.

Regards,

ED