[prl2004v1.2] Chasers and changing page, bug/feature-request

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CoenCo

[prl2004v1.2] Chasers and changing page, bug/feature-request

Postby CoenCo » 27 Jul 2005, 22:59

Well I've found another one :)
using Pearl2004v1.2

Say I create a chase, i.e. a color roll, or some different colors of generic Par64. I turn [link=off], [fader starts-stops chase]. and [chase autoconnect=off].
I create this chase on roller facet A.
Now if i turn on the fader, (in run-takeover) I can use the Add button of this playback to step through the chase. which is really great!! (hey.. i've just created me a full blown cuelist, who needs wholehogs anyways ;)

Now the problem is..... if i turn to facet B (while leaving the fader up) I can no longer use this nice little feature, it stops responding, which is not that great :(

Any ideas on this?? is it a bug, a feature, a lack of feature, or am i just doing stupid things??

help greatly appreciated
Coen
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jul 2005, 00:09

Nice! I will try and repeat.

The ability to use the Add button to step through unlinked parts of chases is correct and they do not need to be connected.

I found different problems related to this a while back: The Add button does not work in this manner if you are in the Moving Light (1 & 2), Focus (all three sub-menus) and Channel menus. Also the ability to use the Go button to do the same job is lost within the Focus/Pallette, Focus/Page and Channel menus.
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 01 Aug 2005, 19:38

well.. I really like using the ADD-button for this. But I really hate the fact that I need to be on the correct roller-facet to be able to use it. Maybe this should be added to the whish-list??

Who's reading that anyway???.. I can't find any of the requests in the latest v1.1 and 1.2 versions.
padster

Postby padster » 01 Aug 2005, 22:52

ok , here is one that me has thinked of ... after the fun of gods kitchen 2005 .... cheers ben

2004 chases ... wait a sec ... why not can we do the same thing as we can do with a mode 2 shape on playback , ie slow down chases with the intensity on the fader its self .. as apposed to connect then the normal stuff ie wheels ... as this would be a bit good ... or am I beeing daft and stuff .. :roll:
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 01 Aug 2005, 23:32

[edit] old message below [/edit]
how about using "tap twice for speed???"

[edit old message [/edit]
well.. software and hardware-wise that would be a bitch to implement. who needs it anyways?? for colours and positions you need the absolite positions, for shape-sizes you have the mode2+timed-size, for dimmers it's just htp... no problem there... Only problem is "releasing" the chase to let it return to the values used before activating the chase, but the workaround is to have a cue on the same fader, one facet up, that resets the chase.. not that hard....

I just liked having a "cue-list'-ish solution on a pearl, that wasn't roller-facet-dependant (ok.. I'm loosing you. I know :) )
Slatham

Postby Slatham » 02 Aug 2005, 15:27

i use this feature all the time to help those hog folks out. Working in a Club i get all kinds of different lds in and they love this feature. I use it for par lists movement lists and just about everything else. IF I know I am going to use my movement list on more than one page and it is on playback 15 I copy it to 15 on the other facets and have no problem.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Aug 2005, 20:37

@Padster: The big problem with using PB level to control speeds etc is that they also will be controlling HTP level. So, either you will end up with slow-dim or fast-bright. It might be useful for LTP only chases, but when I think about it all the chases I need to connect to/alter speed, they are all intensity based....

It is worth baring in mind that the poor old Pearl has limited processing speed and anything that is added in must be things that can have a low priority. The other huge problem is the code space. It is possible that this could be overcome, but at the moment I believe the code space is almost full. For these reasons improvements/features are a difficult process and can't just be slapped in!

On behalf of Olie & Phil I would add that the small software development team at Avo has to take care of the other consoles too. Now that the Pearl is largely bug-free (certainly compared to the 2000 builds!) I believe work has shifted to the other consoles, notably the multi-bugged D4 in the busy lead-up to Plasa.
Of course I wish this was not so, since I can't afford (or lift!) our beloved Pearl's big brother, but at least it now works 99% perfectly and I thank Olie for his hard work on a marvelous piece of software. Maybe after September.... :lol:

/Edit: Coenco - I forgot to test that out, but will do!

BTW I found another interesting 'feature'.... When in the 'Input' Menu and in RMN raising Preset faders enters the values into the programmer. After you exit the menu, the values cannot be altered and any presets that have values become 'dead'. Pressing [Clear] removes the output values. This could be useful to 'fix' a lamp at a particular level, including zero, without using RMT.
StephenJack

Postby StephenJack » 04 Sep 2005, 14:39

Sorry Nic,

What is meant by RMN and RMT?
Thanks for your answer.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Sep 2005, 16:14

Run Mode Normal and Run Mode Takeover. Sorry!

Reminds me I still haven't checked this...
StephenJack

Postby StephenJack » 05 Sep 2005, 20:26

Hi Nic,

Which 'Input' Menu are you referring to?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Sep 2005, 23:39

The menu that appears after pressing a numeric key (from main menu), giving softbutton options such as 'recall group', 'recall palette' and lock desk.