Titan v8

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jojodadj

Titan v8

Postby jojodadj » 29 Apr 2014, 18:04

Hi, does anyone know when or any information on v8. Just a rough time on when it is going to be released, days, weeks, months?

Regards

Joe
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan v8

Postby niclights » 30 Apr 2014, 00:18

I'm fairly confident it will be released before version 9.
clublights

Postby clublights » 23 May 2014, 08:42

Any chance of some " teaser" info for those of us on the far side of the pond unable to make it to the trade shows?
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 23 May 2014, 17:58

Multi user capability will feature big in V8 along with many other features.
Avolites Software Team
BeachLD

Postby BeachLD » 30 Jul 2014, 21:46

Just read the LSA article on the Sapphire... It clearly mentions the integration of Capture visualizer into v8. Seriously exciting if this is true! Not only that but apparently you can take a "screenshot" of the Capture visualizer and use it as palette label. (LSA, p.64, July 2014) Super sweet!

I have to do most of my programming on the beach, during the day. Yeah, yeah... rough job but someone has to do it! 8) The downside is my stage isn't dark until,well, it's dark. Put it this way, I have to use my imagination. A lot!
A serviceable visualizer like Capture will be epic without a doubt!

Cheers
clublights

Postby clublights » 31 Jul 2014, 04:39

you had better not be just teasing me ...

That WOULD be epic !
Quidam

Postby Quidam » 31 Jul 2014, 09:57

Another one on page four of the same article : an ability to re-focus an entire rig around a (re)defined stage point, having the console applying each fixture's offset in every position palettes of the show.

Some other announced features so far (on various official pages) are :
Titan Version 8 adds release between step functionality to chases and cue lists, allowing much more flexibility in sequences, and speeding up programming. Pixel mapper remains a great way to create colour effects which are transparent, and release between step opens up options for all other attributes.

Version 8 steps up palette functionality in Titan with three leaps forward: Highlight relevant and active palettes, Nested Palettes and Global Palettes.
Easily access the right palettes: Only those which apply to the selected fixtures highlight. Keep track of which palettes have been activated with visual feedback.
Nested palettes allows one palette to reference another, so changes to the original palette will track through to those made with it.
Global Palettes work across all fixtures, even those which haven’t yet been patched. Not only do these save time programming, they also import into new shows without the need to map fixtures.

(...) new record functionality allows cues to become cue lists and information can be filtered before recording
(...) new pixel map functionalisty (copy paste move): (...) Copy layers in pixel mapper, move them up and down in the list to bring to the front or push to the back.

Release date was 'a couple of month' more than a month ago, and webinars talking about V8 features are already announced, so I guess the Avo team is pretty confident about the release timing...

Can't wait !