Encoders Not Registering

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSmithDesign

Encoders Not Registering

Postby CSmithDesign » 01 Mar 2014, 16:01

Hello, I'm having something of a strange problem with the encoders not registering movement when I'm trying to change an attribute. It doesn't matter how much I rotate, the attribute doesn't change. However, if I manually set a % number for the attribute, the attribute will register the change and change to that number; and now the encoders work again like normal. It's like the attribute has to already be in the programmer for the encoders to actually change it.

I'm using 7.2 on a TM, don't have time to upgrade to 7.3. Is this a known issue?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Encoders Not Registering

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2014, 23:46

I can't think of any reason for this. My initial thought was that maybe you had an active playback containing the associated fixtures set to very high priority. Since very high priority overrides programmer it will block wheel control, but (testing in 7.3) there is no way to circumvent this using numeric entry as far as I can tell. The same is true if you have frozen a fixture or attribute. Limited attributes or attributes controlled by masters can still be adjusted in the programmer so that you can record them, even if they don't output.

Is this something that you can repeat?
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 03 Mar 2014, 21:59

It happened again today once or twice, but it was intermittent. Unfortunately I don't have the programming time to try to deliberately make it happen for a while!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 04 Mar 2014, 11:39

There is a bug where after an error message has been displayed you cannot control attributes using the wheels until you change attribute bank. When this happens you can still enter values numerically. Alternatively, it could be an intermittent hardware problem with the wheels, it is difficult to say without further information. If it happens again, see if changing attribute banks fixes it.