Locate and find fixture not working

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jojodadj

Locate and find fixture not working

Postby jojodadj » 18 Jan 2014, 15:09

Hi There,

I have had this problem before and it has only just come back.

I am using a Titan Mobile with windows 8

I have turned up to a theater, used find fixture to find the house dimmers and then patched them in. I save the show, shut down titan and moved my laptop to FOH, now when I have booted titan back up, it said could not load show so I loaded the show again and now locate and find fixture on any dimmer channel will not work. Fixtures are working fine just the dimmers do not work. Also on a couple of the dimmer channels when you select them then select the intensity attribute, press the blue button by the dimmer attribute wheel and the window up the top right says no attributes selected and will not let me input a value for it. On other dimmer channels its fine.

Any input would be great!

Kind regards

Joe
jojodadj

Re: Locate and find fixture not working

Postby jojodadj » 11 Feb 2014, 12:27

Hi,

As I had no technical help at all, not even a reply on here. I started playing around with the troublesome show file. I tried lots of things and could not get the locate working.

I then thought it could be something to do with the personality file of the dimmers, so I went into patch - edit fixtures - update personality and there were no personality updates, I then hit edit personalty and then dimmer, it took me into the personality editor to which I checked everything was in place, locate values and everything else seemed to be fine. I hit file and save (I hadn't changed anything) and titan said would you like to save the changes I clicked yes it then confirmed it had updated the personality and wallah! Locate for the dimmers is now working, I haven't had the opportunity to test find fixture as of yet but I can guess it is now working.

If this could go down on a list to be looked into that would be great.

Joe
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Feb 2014, 17:16

Sorry you didn't receive a reply. I know some find fixture issues have already been fixed in the next release version. I will see if I can replicate this.
SheperdyDoDah

Postby SheperdyDoDah » 03 Jan 2020, 15:56

Had a very similar thing but in my case it was just the Capture visualisation that wasn't working - the actual fixtures were fine - but tried the same fix (open/save personality with no changes) and bingo up and running in the real world and in Capture