Titan V7.1 Recovery Creator

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

PeterM

Titan V7.1 Recovery Creator

Postby PeterM » 06 Nov 2013, 18:15

Dear Avolites,

it seems that a USB memory stick (the one that is inside the TigerTouch) of 2GB is not enough for the Titan V7.1 Recovery Creator .

Is it possible to create a V7.0 stick with additional V7.1 setup installation file also on this USB drive ?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan V7.1 Recovery Creator

Postby niclights » 06 Nov 2013, 18:35

I doubt you could combine them in any automatic sense but you certainly can use 7.0 recovery and then run the 7.1 installer over the top. If there's space on the stick for the installer then I can't see any reason why you shouldn't put it there as well.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 07 Nov 2013, 00:03

There shouldn't be any problem putting the upgrade installer on the USB stick as well however the upgrade installer for v7.1 is over 100MB so you may not have enough room. Alternatively you could make a v6.0 recovery stick (v6.2 for Tiger Touch Pro) and put the upgrade installer on that. You would have to manually run the upgrade installer after the recovery process has completed.

I would normally recommend running the latest recovery stick available as they may include updates to drivers and the operating system which are not possible to include as part of the upgrade installer.

Recovery sticks since v6.0 have included the option to do a Standard Recovery, which preserves the D drive with your show files, personalities and latest upgrade installer. When run it will automatically install the latest upgrade installer (or the version on the recovery stick), so if you installed v7.1 with the upgrade installer then run the v6.0 recovery stick, selecting Standard Recovery will reinstall v7.1 automatically.
RobertM

Postby RobertM » 23 Jun 2019, 12:23

Is it anybody still have the v6 or v7 recovery creator file??