MTC Readout

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSmithDesign

MTC Readout

Postby CSmithDesign » 29 Sep 2013, 23:36

Hello, I'm testing my setup to ensure that my TM is reading MIDI Timecode and I'm running into something funny. I've set up my playback device to send out MIDI timecode and I've double checked all of the connections, but the timecode window that I have open in Titan only displays the timecode when I stop the song. Meaning, it shows all 0's while I run the playback device. Suppose I stop it at 00:00:05:23, the window now displays the correct MTC like it's properly synced up. If I start the playback device, the readout will remain the same until I stop it (and so on and so on).

Is this how the readout works? I Wont' see the clock run in real time with the playback? Just want to make sure that it's not my playback device that's the problem...

Thanks!
Olie
Site Admin

Re: MTC Readout

Postby Olie » 30 Sep 2013, 11:58

It sounds like there is something wrong with the MIDI timecode you are sending to the console. Can you check whether you can see the timecode in USB expert correctly. If it is not displayed correctly here then it is almost certainly the timecode you are inputting into the console.

You should also check when you open USB Expert that all your panel firmware is up to date.
Avolites Software Team
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 02 Oct 2013, 23:19

Yes, it was indeed the playback device that was sending timecode. Strange that that's how it would send MTC...

I used MIDIOX and the TM read it just fine.

Thanks for the help!
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 03 Oct 2013, 09:31

Hi,

what device exactly are you having problems with? Some months ago we were investigating another - unrelated - MIDI issue, which accured in Reaper and MOTU MIDI Express. Reaper issued a new software within days after they knew the fault. From MOTU still no answer.

Sebastian
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 05 Oct 2013, 01:05

I was actually using Cubase 6.5, a DAW that should easily be able to sync up multiple devices via MTC. I'm not all that proficient with the midi aspect of that program, though, so it could easily be that I just couldn't figure it out in time...