vl 3000 strobe problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nyholm88

vl 3000 strobe problem

Postby nyholm88 » 05 Sep 2013, 21:05

Hi
Ive just exchanged all my spots...CP 700 HPE to VL 3000. Ive updated my palettes, but in every cue the spots has a slow strobe, eventhough Ive recorded them as no strobe. So I have to update every cue again with an open shutter. Is this a bug in the personality or the fixture?

Im running V7, and its an old v6.1 show. No other issues so far

Yenz
niclights
The eManual

Re: vl 3000 strobe problem

Postby niclights » 05 Sep 2013, 22:37

I've had a look at this but can't find any obvious problems.

Both personalities have the same shutter function names and so they exchange ok (ie. closed = closed, open = open etc.).
I've tested this using a CP Alpha Spot 700 HPE, Standard patched in 6.1 and 7.0 and exchanged to VL 3000 Spot in 7.0. The CP show contained various shutter palettes (closed, open, slow strobe, fast strobe) along with some cues that referenced them. After exchange the VL outputted the expected equivalents. Checking DMX Output I also confirmed that the three versions of CP shutter open all translated to DMX 001 in the VL's.

I see two possible explanations:

1) The VL personality is wrong or at least is not matching the fixture for some reason. I think this is unlikely though, especially as VL's don't have modes. This is easy to confirm by checking that the strobe functions match up when controlled directly by wheel etc.

2) The strobe values have accidentally been added during palette updates rather than from exchanging. Assuming the fixture is responding normally try reloading the 6.1 show and just perform the exchange followed by locate fixture. Do the cues still cause a slow strobe? If not then it must be an issue with updating the palettes. User setting 'Add new palette channels to playbacks' can be an enemy here and it might help to disable this. Try reloading the problematic 7.0 file and view one of the cues with the palettes option selected in the context menu. This should point at the offending palette (you might need to widen the column to see).