Pearl 2000 Backlight Problem & other quirks

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Brian

Pearl 2000 Backlight Problem & other quirks

Postby Brian » 10 Apr 2004, 20:39

I recently purchased a Pearl 2000 that has a couple of oddities. This console is going out on tour in 2 weeks and I've got to get it up to speed.

Issue #1:

The backlight behind the LCD does not light fully. It only lights the top 1 inch of it or so, and not very bright. However, if i take the backlight portion of the LCD screen apart and run my finger down the length of the flourescent tube, i can get the whole thing to light up. Not quite as bright as it should be, but bright enough.

It will stay lit until I power off the desk and back on, or turn the brightness control down. In either case I need to repeat step one to get it turned on again. Now I can't possibly open the desk every single show and do this.

I would like to find a replacement bulb, as that seems to be the culprit. I would like to avoid spending $500 on a new screen when the only problem is a ten dollar part.

If anyone has other suggestions as to what it might be, please let me know.

Problem #2:

When loading personality files (the offender in question is Pers Disc 2 with the coemar and high end stuff on it), The console will not load all of the files to chose from. It loads all the coemar and fal stuff, and then the high end files through Cyberlight. But that's it - no studio spot or color programs, no I-beam, techno, etc...

I haven't tried other disks yet. I'll get to that later today - hopefully it's just a one off problem. I've gotten around it for the time being by removing all the files i'm not using (anything that wasn't High End) and modifying the list file. Now it loads the files I've left.

That's all for now. I look forward to any resonses you might have.

It's also an older console with an original Boris motherboard.

Can they be fitted with the newer Boris 3 boards?

Thanks,
Brian
Jay Wolfe Productions
www.jaywolfepro.com

LD In Flames - www.inflames.com