Copying a block of cues

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nishrigo

Copying a block of cues

Postby nishrigo » 06 Aug 2013, 08:26

I have a cue list, where a block of 24 cues is repeated 5 times. Is there some way where I can just copy the same block, instead of creating the same cues over and over?
It is just a pain to do the same set of cues again and again. I am using a Pearl Expert console.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Copying a block of cues

Postby niclights » 06 Aug 2013, 09:45

You can copy cues (including a range of cues) by viewing the cuelist playback, COPY, select cue(s), choose destination options on softkeys or clicking on the area underneath the last cue to append.

Alternatively you can use the syntax COPY CUE n (THRO/AND m) @ y. Where CUE is the connect key and y is destination cue.

Full copy/move cue functions are explained in the manual and release notes.
Judge

Postby Judge » 10 Aug 2013, 14:37

I asked Emma at Avolites about this a while ago in a wishlist I sent in for Titan 7 and beyond....

Q. Software cue store, so that looks can be recorded and stored there and then dragged onto a playback or as a step in a cue stack. Then if a stack contains a bunch of repeating cues you can update the cue in the store and all instances of it will update.

A. I use the playback window for this exact purpose, and then if you use Link Copy when you copy cues out of it, then all you need to do it update the one in the playback window and all linked copied are updated. This becomes a little more difficult with cue lists, and is already in our request database as task 25542

Now, I have not yet experimented with this to see what the problem is when applied to cue lists so let us know how you get on.
Cheers
/j
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Aug 2013, 15:23

As far as I am aware at the moment copy/move for cuelists and chases only works within them or between other cuelists and chases. There is currently no way to copy a cue into a chase or cuelist or make link copies of cues within or across chases or cuelists. The task relates to link copies within or across cuelists and chases. Hopefully that will be possible to implement in the future.
I can't see any way you could have cues from a playback window linked to cues in a cuelist, unless they autoload. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm sure the easiest solution to the OP's question is to copy/drag select cues in playback view/click on end of list/repeat.