Titan mobile - easily switch chase to/from random ?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jgavo

Titan mobile - easily switch chase to/from random ?

Postby jgavo » 28 Jul 2013, 01:14

Hi,

First post from a recent zero88 to titan convert.

While I can use the Prev/Next cue buttons to change the direction of a connected chase, it seems the only way to change a chase to random/bounce is to select playback options, select the cue, then softkey between the different directions. This isn't very convenient when busking...!

So firstly, am I correct that direction change to bounce/random isn't brought on to a key.
Second, is there a clever way e.g. with macros that I could achieve this - even if it was then applied globally to all chases.

Thanks for any hints.

John.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan mobile - easily switch chase to/from random ?

Postby niclights » 28 Jul 2013, 09:36

Interesting. I've never noticed this but you're right as far as I can tell. Technically it should be review (shift+live time). However, I think this breaks because it is entering the shift menu. The same is true for bounce (shift+next time).

A solution is to create a macro of the dedicated review key on the Expert or Tiger Touch:

Launch Titan Simulator and start Expert or Tiger Touch. Start recording a macro (full speed) and press the review key (above next time). Finish recording macro and save the show. Start TM, load the show, go to show library, find the macro and assign it to a button.

This will now function as a shortcut to random for any connected chase.
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 28 Jul 2013, 13:42

Thanks Nic - I'd never have worked out/realised that I could create the macro in that fashion.

Will this be logged as a TM bug auto-magically or do I need to do something directly with Avo to make that happen ?

It's a feature I would use a lot.

John.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jul 2013, 14:07

I will enter it.