Quick Query

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Congo Design

Quick Query

Postby Congo Design » 17 Jun 2013, 11:02

Quick query.

When programming a cue stack and for instance cue 2 needs to be copied to cue 4 how is this done without coming out of recording the cue stack mode and into unfold? I also have the issue of playing back memories and fade times but again is this something I have to come out of cue stack record to do?

Also how do I copy say cue 1-10 in one cue stack and put them in another cue stack ?

And also how do you renumber cues in a stack. I can see how to do it in chases but not in cue stack.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Quick Query

Postby niclights » 17 Jun 2013, 12:53

To copy or move cues while recording syntax is as follows:

COPY/MOVE CUE <n> (THRO/AND/NOT) @ CUE <m>

where n = source cue(s), m is destination start cue and CUE = CONNECT button.

To copy cues from one playback to another use the following:

COPY <playback x> CUE <n> (THRO/AND/NOT) @ <playback y>

where playback x is source playback and playback y is destination.

For more details on syntax see section 6 and 7 of the version 6.0 release notes.

You can renumber cues from record cue list/[advanced options]. Here the [Renumber Cues] option will renumber everything from 1 sequentially and is used to tidy up point cues/gaps etc. To renumber individual cues use record cue list/[advanced options]/[set cue number].

Version 7 will bring solutions for recording times during programming along with some improvements to cue renumbering.
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 17 Jun 2013, 13:12

Further to what Nic says:

Congo Design wrote:When programming a cue stack and for instance cue 2 needs to be copied to cue 4 how is this done without coming out of recording the cue stack mode and into unfold?

You can copy cues from Playback View. (Opened by double tapping the cue stack on the touch screen). Select the Copy button, then select the cues you wish to copy. You’ll see options on the softkey menu asking if they are to be added before or after the destination cue. You can also select the empty space at the bottom of the stack to add new cues to the end of the list.

Congo Design wrote:Also how do I copy say cue 1-10 in one cue stack and put them in another cue stack ?

Select them as shown above, then select the destination cue stack to open the playback view for that stack, select a destination cue within that stack.

Congo Design wrote:I also have the issue of playing back memories and fade times but again is this something I have to come out of cue stack record to do?

If you have the cue list connected you can select the cues using the wheels and hit the Go button to see the cues. You can also use Snap Back and Go to see the last cue. In V7 we have a feature called Try Cue which will play back the cues with the times that are in the programmer so you can see how it looks before you record changes.
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
Congo Design

Postby Congo Design » 20 Jun 2013, 20:02

Thanks for that.

On another note whenever I merge by fixture some new info it seems to loose the intensity information already in the cue of another fixture.

Is this a known bug as its getting quite frustrating when updating a show.

Also sometime if a cue is outputting live from a stack and I alter an aspect and try to update the cue it tells me there is nothing to update. - again something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks alot as ever

Dan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 Jun 2013, 21:47

I cannot reproduce either of these. These are the steps I used:

Merge by fixture:

- New show
    - Patch 2 x dimmer
    - Select dimmer 1 and record @ full by fixture
    - Clear
    - Select dimmer 2 and merge @ full by fixture
    - Clear
    - Fire cue

= Both dimmers are at full as expected.

Update:

- New show
    - Patch 2 x dimmer
    - Start recording cuelist
    - Select dimmer 1 and record cue 1 @ full
    - Select dimmer 2 and record cue 2 @ full
    - Clear
    - Fire cuelist and go cue 1
    - Set dimmer 1 to 50%
    - Update
    (softkey shows cue 1 to update)
    - <enter>
    - Clear
    - Release cuelist
    - Fire cuelist and go
    (= dimmer 1 @ 50%, dimmer 2 @ 0%)
    - go cue 2
    (= dimmer 1 @ 50%, dimmer 2 @ 100%)
    - Set dimmer 1 @ 100%, dimmer 2 @ 50%
    - Update
    (softkey shows cue 2 to update)
    - <enter>
    - Clear
    - Release cuelist
    - Fire cuelist and go
    (= dimmer 1 @ 100%. dimmer 2 @ 0%)
    - go cue 2
    (= dimmer 1 @ 100%, dimmer 2 @ 50%)

If possible can you please provide more detailed steps to repeat, preferably from a new show using latest version (at time of writing 6.1 on standard consoles or 6.2 on pro).