Rapid flashing causing lag

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

DUSTINSNYDER

Rapid flashing causing lag

Postby DUSTINSNYDER » 22 May 2013, 20:50

Hey. I noticed yesterday during a show, that when flashing multiple playbacks on the expert, then pulling out the faders quickly for a blackout, the flashes continued afterwards briefly. It looked really sloppy. Also, during programming, the console wouldn't find drives to save the show and I had to reset it. Any thoughts?
icke_siegen

Re: Rapid flashing causing lag

Postby icke_siegen » 22 May 2013, 21:04

Hi Dustin, if you could give details of your console, it would be helpful. Please note that since end of last year (or so) all new consoles are equipped with 2G ram (instead of 1G previously), due to the performance Windows 7 requires. And the lag is such a performance thing, I'd say.

As for the missing drives: colleague of mine had the same issue last week. I filed a report, sent in the logs, and am currently awaiting reply.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Rapid flashing causing lag

Postby niclights » 23 May 2013, 00:10

It would be useful if you can try to reproduce this. It has been a long time since I have seen such an issue even on non-pro consoles with 1GB of RAM. It may be that something had gone wrong in the background causing everything to slow down, rather than it being directly related to flashing. I assume you are running 6.1?