problems disapearing shapes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

frankv1234

problems disapearing shapes

Postby frankv1234 » 06 Apr 2004, 11:47

anyone have the same problem ???? :

While programming on a pearl 2000 working with shapes in memory's
always run in mode 2
everything ok after storing
sometimes (50% chance) after a while the shape is disapeard :evil:
fader button is still burning but fader doesn't have content :cry:

tried different sofware versions still the same problem

How to solve this problem ????

Hope to hear from you

greetings

Frank
sgspencer

Postby sgspencer » 06 Apr 2004, 17:52

Yup, that was always an issue in the old September 2000 software. I thought it had miraculously gone away in the new 2004mk8 software (but to be fair I haven't tested it to destruction yet - looks impressively fixed with my preliminary fiddlings though).

I used to keep photocopies of shapes on other pages with the sole purpose of being handy backups to copy off of when other shapes vanished. But even then, sometimes these backup shapes would themselves vanish.

Although it's not just myself that uses our desks - we're a students' union so many other crew members use the desks and create their own programs ... so I've never too sure if anyone else altered stuff on purpose or whether the desk just made changes of its own.

The shame is that I don't quite know what makes shapes disappear - if I did I'm sure the Avolies software masters would beaver away to try and fix it for us.

Stephen
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 07 Apr 2004, 09:42

Just a quick question, does this problem still occur when you do a wipeall and start a show from scratch or is it just with old shows?

I did some work in this area on the new Build 8 but the changes would only effect a new show. Shows from a previous software release probably would not get fixed.
Avolites Software Team
frankv1234

re to olie

Postby frankv1234 » 07 Apr 2004, 16:36

I've experienced it ONLY with shows build from scatch. We are mostly doing 1 time shows only.

Still hope to find a solution because we cant work like this. Also the solution thats given by stephen is not acceptable for our company. The desk has to function in a perfect way. We dont want to take the risk that during the introduction o a product the desk fails.

This is not a people problem. If it was a people problem we would have to replace the people. This is a hardware problem................

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 07 Apr 2004, 17:53

OK, I'm looking into it.
Avolites Software Team
{hiljo}

Re: Problems with the porgrammed shapes

Postby {hiljo} » 16 Aug 2004, 21:50

I've faced the same problem on Dancevalley, two weeks ago. I had a pearl 2004 that ran september 2000 software, Programming shapes mode 2, and after a while the console only remembered the start-position of these shapes (if programmed). I deleted these shapes and rebuilt them, but the pearl acted like a very old woman... she kept on losing her shapes :(.

Then I tried loading new software, as far as i remember the feb 2004 software, and loaded the show into the desk, but the problem still existed. I took the pearl more time to forget the shapes, but after a while they still dissapeared...

Then I got a spare 2000, provided it with the feb 2004 software, loaded the show, deleted the shapes before running them, rebuilt them, and that was the most stable construction i faced during the show. I have a backup from that show, I can supply it to Avo. If needed, mail me.
G. Schottert

Missing shapes on the pearl 2004

Postby G. Schottert » 17 Aug 2004, 07:03

Personally I have experienced never problems. However, it is occasional that I responses have got of our rentcompany "RENTALL" that it them also with rule half-measure happen. But not only with the Pearl 2004 but also from time to time on the diamond 4 elite.

I will ask the operators who experience this have, for more details and mail these to Avolites.

PS Frank, take contact with me on to tackle this problem together.