Pro Consoles

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

hjige

Pro Consoles

Postby hjige » 18 Apr 2013, 10:36

Since PL&S I've heard and read something about a PE Pro and TT Pro. Can someone who was in frankfurt tell me more what it is about? Is it the hardware-upgrade we have discussed in another thread on this forum?
Gregory

Re: Pro Consoles

Postby Gregory » 26 Apr 2013, 19:36

The Pro consoles are an update to the internal hardware of the console. The changes include a new motherboard and processor, a UPS power supply and an updated button layout to bring the consoles more inline with the Sapphire Touch and Titan Mobile. The new button layout and laminate surface also eliminates the key switches on both consoles. The Tiger Touch Pro has an extra circuit board to allow the desk lamp intensity to be controlled from the software.
timjbarker

Postby timjbarker » 29 Apr 2013, 22:14

Is it possible to upgrade a TT console to TT Pro?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 29 Apr 2013, 22:23

Yes, it is intended that there will be an upgrade which can be purchased. The specific details of this are not currently finalised.
Judge

Postby Judge » 01 May 2013, 10:40

Gregory wrote: The Tiger Touch Pro has an extra circuit board to allow the desk lamp intensity to be controlled from the software.

Aha! Two of us just spent 10 minutes looking for an option to do this on a TT and resorted to the old skool method of taping a bit of gel over it. Glad to hear this is implemented. Also very glad to hear that buttons are getting standardised between consoles, that makes a lot of sense. I guess that initially the Tiger Touch was trying to retain familiarity for Pearl users, but its not a Pearl - its a Titan touch console so thats good news.