Changing the dimmer wheel side in Personality editor

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

MichSuS

Changing the dimmer wheel side in Personality editor

Postby MichSuS » 08 Mar 2005, 22:29

I've been trying to create a personality file for a technobeam that puts the dimmer channel on the right encoder wheel instead of the left. The reason for this is that when running in takeover mode to enable all attribute banks one must be in dimmer mode, however, the encoder wheel is so close to the rightmost playback fader that the wheel is often bumped, with the result being that the dimmer channel is inadverdantly "grabbed" by the programmer, which can cause the intensity to jump to 00 and not fade in/out with the cues or playbacks.
When I changed the fader bank value in the personality to "61" instead of "1", the percentage display moves there, but the console doesn't display the "dimmer" heading over it and the encoder has no effect on the fixtures' intensity. I read all through the personality file chapter in the manual, but i couldn't figure it out. Anyone?
:)
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 09 Mar 2005, 00:20

I think 61 doesn't exist, because if you look at the display it always shows 1-30 or 31-60, but in dimmer mode it flips to 1-60.
I would also advice against moving the dimmer attribute to the right wheel, because all dimmer shapes will be lost, and you'd have to create a new shapefile to regain them.
Isn't it easier to just NOT select the fixtures you are using, and using the new feature of the 2004v1 software to apply attributes only to fixtures that are in a memory by holding "focus-add" and then pressing "memory-swop", or even use quick pallettes :)

On a Side note, you could also edit the focus mask, so that one of the attribute buttons that you'll never use, masks all attributes. This would also solve your problem.

I'm interested in hearing other solutions, because I have the same problems with accidentally touching the dimmer-encoderwheel.

good luck
C.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Mar 2005, 00:36

Absolutely. Using Quick Palette removes the need to select fixtures and consequently attribute control by wheel.
Anyone still using 2000 builds are missing out! (Note that although 2000 Build 8 does have some of the new features, it also has some very significant bugs.)
MichSuS

Accidentally hitting the dimmer encoder

Postby MichSuS » 10 Mar 2005, 19:01

Hmm... my comany just traded up to the 2004 consoles so i haven't really had a chance tp play with the new Quick Palette features. Sounds good though, I'll try that -- editing the focus mask also sounds like a bright idea. Thanks!
:)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Mar 2005, 21:04

It is worth noting that the 2004 consoles may not be pre-loaded with 2004 soft. Check in Service menu.