Need help urgently Sapphire touch freeze up

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

brian

Need help urgently Sapphire touch freeze up

Postby brian » 03 Feb 2013, 15:50

i get the following message on the screen and nothing works after that

"Release to apply palette, EXIT to cancel or select a cue to apply to playback fixtures
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Feb 2013, 16:05

It sounds like for some reason it has not seen or sent a key state that is equivalent to letting go of a button.

If restarting software doesn't work then you might need to force a power-off by holding the power button.
brian

Postby brian » 03 Feb 2013, 18:45

yea i had to force a restart during the show twice, i get the issue only when i use the palettes though :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Feb 2013, 19:48

That sounds like a nightmare. I will forward this for further investigation.
brian

Postby brian » 04 Feb 2013, 14:31

or may i mention that the only thing i did before the show was update the library.Anyways im going to the warehouse in a bit and i think im going to reload the software on both the tiger touch and the sapphire touch because they've become kinda sluggish, not sluggish in it output but in its selection stage ( like selecting palettes and fixtures )
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2013, 18:26

No harm in trying. I forwarded this to John. Hopefully he will follow this up as soon as possible.
brian

Postby brian » 04 Feb 2013, 18:40

thank you good sir
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 05 Feb 2013, 11:32

Hi brian,

It looks like you've got stuck in the Palette Menu as Nic said, it's as if a key is not being released after being held down. Can you tell me where the palette in question was saved? Was it on a hardware button or in a workspace window?

John
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
brian

Postby brian » 05 Feb 2013, 13:29

it was in a workspace window on the right side screen, i had shapes, fixtures and groups on that window
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 05 Feb 2013, 16:20

Can you run log collector and put the files somewhere I can download them and then send me a link?

Edit: PM Sent.
brian

Postby brian » 05 Feb 2013, 22:52

there you go.
I've included the showfile as well as the logs
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 06 Feb 2013, 09:47

Thanks, I've downloaded them now, I'll remove your dropbox link (I got it in email also).
brian

Re: Need help urgently Sapphire touch freeze up

Postby brian » 06 Aug 2013, 14:24

brian wrote:i get the following message on the screen and nothing works after that

"Release to apply palette, EXIT to cancel or select a cue to apply to playback fixtures

ok so this happened to me again on a show last night, when i tried to restart the software it said dongle not found so i had to restart the board! i must say this is getting very annoying :( especially when the stage goes dark during a performance.
adamabcd

Re: Need help urgently Sapphire touch freeze up

Postby adamabcd » 06 Aug 2013, 17:24

Dear Brian,
This sounds as though this could be a hardware issue, but it would be best to determine exactly where the problem is before we decide on a solution.
Normally this message only appears while you are holding down one of the Executer buttons where a pallete is stored.
As soon as the button is released the message should go.
So firstly, do you think that you can repeat the problem in order to diagnose it?
Normally even if the button is held pressed (or there is a hardware fault causing the button to be pressed), and then you press EXIT, the message would disappear.
But if you are saying that this doesn't happen then It sounds as though there may be another cause.
So I suggest that you open 2 diagnostic tools that are available on the console before you try to repeat the problem.
The first is the UsbExpert Console (Tools - Control Panel - UsbExpert Console).
The Item Events window will show key (button) presses as they happen.
A key pressed will show as a Keystate 1 and a release will show as Keystate 0.
So if the problem occurs you can check to see if any of the Keycodes are left at Keystate 1.
If you note the Keycode then we will be able to tell which button is causing the problem.
The other tool to have open is the Virtual Panel (Tools - Additional Programs - Virtual Panel).
If you press the EXIT key on the Virtual Panel then the message should disappear.
This will help us to determine if the software is still responding correctly.
I know that you have send logfiles before, but if you could send the latest to John (tick to save the Usb Logs too) then this may help us.
Thanks

Adam