Titan Mobile....bug or pilot error? Some cues not firing.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Titan Mobile....bug or pilot error? Some cues not firing.

Postby Judge » 20 Jan 2013, 06:16

This is odd. My show runs primarily on a cue stack and I have three pages of single cues and chases on sub that get used also. Yesterday I pushed up a fader to fire a cue and nothing happened. Thats odd. But returned it to zero and pushed it up again and this time it worked.
This morning I decided to checke them all and it seemed to be happening to a few, so before the show I went through and fired every cue to make sure they were present and correct. Then they all worked in the show as they should. First thing I thought was that I had changed page and fader was retaining an old cue, but that was not the case because the correct label was showing.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
J
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 20 Jan 2013, 07:22

After starting the software, all faders need to be at 0 once, in order to be properly detected/reset by the software. Usually, this is not an issue, since in most cases you lower all faders after a gig. However, if you unpack the desk, and some faders are still up, these faders will appear not working, unless brought to 0.

I'd say it's neither a bug nor a feature, just a hardware constraint. Simply the way how the AD-converters need to be initialized.
Judge

Postby Judge » 20 Jan 2013, 07:26

Okay, that makes sense, thanks for your help.