A : ABORT

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikeyray

A : ABORT

Postby Mikeyray » 15 Feb 2005, 16:22

On the azure what causes this??
I get it every now and then and the only option is to power off and restart
pretty frustrating it usually happens when busking quite fast but the other day
it happened when no one was even near the console
ta
mikey
zahoorjury

Re: A : ABORT

Postby zahoorjury » 29 Oct 2007, 22:35

Mikeyray wrote:On the azure what causes this??
I get it every now and then and the only option is to power off and restart
pretty frustrating it usually happens when busking quite fast but the other day
it happened when no one was even near the console
ta
mikey

Hi , after two years of this post i am also facing this with my console . if any one there tell me how to solve it
dmb182

Postby dmb182 » 17 Jul 2008, 07:20

same problem... still no solution?
dmb182

Postby dmb182 » 17 Jul 2008, 19:32

okay... so this is kind of making the board unreliable and pretty much unusable.... is there a repair service? i'm in the states so do i contact avo america? or does it go back to avolites?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 17 Jul 2008, 19:39

Contact your local distributor or email avo in UK.
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 21 Jul 2008, 23:43

:) hi all, you are right, this problem makes the desk useless, once i had a telephonic talk with NICK at AVO, he thinks the touch panel is shorting somewhere.
:? May be he is right. it is the game of low voltage. in this case while loading a personality from disk or from the internal memory drop the voltage upto 4.4 volts (5 volts runs the motherboard) and the board hangs.
:| i am not a qualify person to declare that but i observed that on my digital meter. i also try to repatch all the connectors inside, :x it works only for a acouple of days.
you people are lucky that you have a dealer or distributer in your country but i dont here, :cry: desperatly bearing these kind of issues here.
if someone of you find the solution kindly mention, as this can help AVO USERS around the world
dmb182

Postby dmb182 » 22 Jul 2008, 06:38

niclights wrote:Contact your local distributor or email avo in UK.

how do i find out who my local distributors are? i'm in PA united states. anywhere close? new york? there is a bit of urgency to this.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Jul 2008, 13:14

Follow the distributors link at the top of the main site.
zahoorjury

A; Abort,

Postby zahoorjury » 15 Aug 2008, 23:10

:cry: Hi all, is there any one find the solution for that ?. specialy dmb182, Mikeyray & niclights. if anyone got it kindly tell us.
dmb182

Postby dmb182 » 15 Sep 2008, 17:58

hey, so the problem is apparently this: (according to avolites america)

the board's power supply is going bad, which means when you go to use the floppy (the only moving mechanical part) the board's voltage drops to like 89 volts, which means the board goes into the programming enviornment (like the actual board OS coding enviornment). The way it was explained to me, was that that's how they actually get the board into that programming mode, is that they send it low voltage.

SOLUTION? apparently you have to just replace the power supply. (and possibly the floppy drive if it's been going on for to long and it was damaged?) and maybe have the floppy disc drive control chips also replaced.
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 17 Sep 2008, 23:50

hi 182, thanks for your reply, i wish this can stop on those factors which you are telling but, the problem also comes out when the floppy drive is deattached, any way i will try to change the supply. what about yours AVO. is it repair successfully ?.
zahoorjury

No more A:ABORT

Postby zahoorjury » 24 Nov 2008, 23:40

Hi all, specialy Mikeyray & dmb 182, i wrote in my previous post that ,i thinks it is about the power supply. Me and my local technician Mr Sohail Malik, replaced the azure supply with an ordinary PC. supply. Congratulations !. It works, you can also try this with any of your local qualified person who can configure the computer supply for your azure. It is cost only 10 US$ here. After trying this you can go for the orignal. Do it at your first ease so i can get your blessing. Here i am also very thankfull to NICK at Avo UK. Without his help i could'nt fix that out. Hope to hear GOOD soon from you.
Jomo

Postby Jomo » 23 Dec 2008, 12:28

Hello. I had this problem little time ago, and I believed that it was Floppy which was broken down, considering that occurred by putting a diskette.
But after change, it was the same thing.

It was acted in fact of a poor contact of a component on support located on the motherboard, approximately under the playbacks faders.

Since, the console functions perfectly.
Without light, it's just radio...
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 23 Dec 2008, 23:07

hi jomo, your and mine concepts are same, it cause due to bad contacts or poor power factors.