Titan Mobile.. interesting set up dual screen touch laptop

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

MickMurray

Titan Mobile.. interesting set up dual screen touch laptop

Postby MickMurray » 25 Nov 2012, 23:36

I called into a dublin venue to collect my desk this evening and the lampie (Dustin) with the band First Aid Kit had a really nice Titan Mobile setup.
He was running an acer iconia dual screen laptop for running his titan mobile.
Its a simple but really good idea you get 2 touch screens on the laptop really small and compact for touring, he also had a midi controller for extra bits and pieces. Worth considering if u are going down the titan mobile route.
Symelighting

Postby Symelighting » 05 Dec 2012, 17:14

Yes I can say that the Acer Iconia is great for this. I have one with my Titan Mobile.

Have a look at my website to see it.

http://www.symelighting.com/page10/index.html
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 05 Dec 2012, 22:45

I have the Iconia as well and it works great with the Mobile, no problems yet.
Judge

Postby Judge » 08 Dec 2012, 12:57

That looks like a really neat device. Didnt know there was such a thing. I am out on tour with a Titan Mobile and thought long and hard abut what hardware to get for the job. I decided that I had to have a touch screen for speed. The new all in one PCs that they use at Avo for training are great, but too big to travel as hand baggage along with the desk. I found the Dell Latitude XT 2 tablet PC and its ideal as you can turn the screen around and fold it back and it becomes a tablet, or you can use as a laptop. Thing is about using it as laptop is that poking at the screen is very frustrating because you want a solid surface to poke at. So I found the Zalman Laptop Cooler stand, which is the same size as the Dell and can be raked up at different angles. Perfect. Then I have a Logitech wireless touchpad keyboard and I just ask the production company to supply me with a VGA screen to use when I arrive.
For me the ideal window layout is to have my cue list and channel grid side by side on the external screen and use the XT for control.
Enjoying the whole system very much.
SanderLighting

Postby SanderLighting » 10 Dec 2012, 00:13

Searched for it, but this laptop isn`t available in The Netherlands..... :x
DUSTINSNYDER

Postby DUSTINSNYDER » 11 Dec 2012, 19:01

Thanks Mick. Nice meeting you! Yes, I am running the Mobile on an Acer Iconia dual touch screen and it has worked out great!