Pearl Software Wish-List

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 05 Nov 2005, 21:40

Ability to quickly acces palletes 31-60.

On a larger show, there is never enough with 30 palletes, but using palletes 31-60 is a bit annoying because you have to change fixture page lots of times.. maybe it is possible to make palletes 31-60 accesable in shift-style. like - avo button + flash 1 would recall 31. pallete.

---------------------------------------------------------

Additionally this gives access to palettes 121-150 and reduces the risk of being on the wrong fixture page and hitting [clear] (see wish-list!)
This could also be implemented onto upper bank fixture page select.
/niclights

(edited and added some comments that were originally in an unnecessary post)/niclights
Mystic

Virtual dimmer channel

Postby Mystic » 21 Nov 2005, 15:43

I just realized that two topics (and feature wish list) can be solved by a simple feature : a virtual dimmer channel when no dimmer is present. The original problems were the lack of dimmer but presence of a shutter on a fixture (http://avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=375) or the lack of dimmer channel on some RGB fixtures (http://avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=399).

Would it be possible to map the dimmer fader and add/swop buttons to a specific action on the already defined channels in the personnality file ? As an example : let us call %V the value of the chanel and %D the dimmer value (0 to FFFF in 16 bits) then add a section to the personnality file to explain the dimmer influence on some channels and fill it with the expression of the dimmer influence on that channel (min, generic value, max).

As an example here would be a RGB channel definition
DIMMER INFLUENCE
1 0 %V*%D/65535 255; Red Channel
2 0 %V*%D/65535 255; Green Channel
3 0 %V*%D/65535 255; Blue Channel
ENDDIMMERINFLUENCE

or here is an example for a Geni fresco (no dimmer just a shutter):
DIMMER INFLUENCE
; 1 is color wheel, no influence
2 (%V / 128) %V (%V / 128)+127 ; trick to go either to 127 if we are in narrow mode or 255 is we are in wide mode (see personality or previous post to explain this).
ENDDIMMERINFLUENCE

And here is another example for a TAS CF6 (good wash moving head but with slow iris dimmer)
DIMMER INFLUENCE
5 255 %V 255 ; this is the dimmer channel, when set to zero the dimmer iris will be open but light is cut by the shutter channel (this will enable faster flashing)
6 0 %V 255 ; This is the shutter channel
ENDDIMMERINFLUENCE

Sorry for the lengthy post but if implemented this feature could be wonderfull for some fixtures as it would allow a more intuitive use of the dimmer faders and flash buttons.. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virtual dimmer has to be probably the most requested feature that I hear of, mostly to give desperately needed improved control over LED fixtures.
Obviously there are questions over whether the Pearl is capable, but there are two additional issues it would solve (in particular relation to the LED's without dimmer):

Currently the RGB channels must be set to HTP to have any sort of level control. The more HTP channels, the slower the desk runs. This can become quite considerable as you near the limit. Then there is the HTP channel limit itself. This is 240 (and not 400 as previously thought) & therefore control of such fixtures is currently limited to maximum of 80. With Virtual Dimmer this would increase to the global max of 240 fixtures.

(edited to amalgamate my comments from an unnecessary post, along with additional thoughts)/niclights.
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 06 Jan 2006, 18:09

/PB Add/Swop functionality in RMT/

Maybe it is possible to add new setting for every playback to specify functionality of these buttons? like if you need, for one playback these buttons could be with add/swop normal function but for other add with normal function but swop with connect function (maybe even it is possible to specify function for add button and swop button separately..) this setting could be added to "edit times" menu. /Original post also suggested start/stop of chase function/
i think this could be wery god function.

(edited to make clearer. I did leave in the wonderful 'dialect' spelling though :lol: )/niclights
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 06 Jan 2006, 18:25

few more things:

> ability to connect chase without starting it:
sometimes you need to change chase speed, but before starting it. maybe there is a way?

> playback LEDs functionality:
maybe for chases this led could blink in speed of this chase? and especialy when fader is down (chase is not running) to let you know speed in witch it will run..
Mystic

Postby Mystic » 09 Feb 2006, 10:51

Just a new idea I hda last night while swopping on some generics channels :

- Add a "swop will kill by XX%" so when i press a swop button it will not kill completly the other lights but just dim them by XX%

- Add a configuration somewhere where we can make some fixture non-killable by a swop press, like for example the ambiant lights or some other effect. Aglobal configuration could be cool, but it could also be implemented as a new attribute for all fixtures, so i can make different swoppable-maps on the submasters :)
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 28 Mar 2006, 18:25

request:
In the VDU-Fixtures and Attributes window I'd like it if would actually show me which parameters I'm looking at. I.E. The top row could show that the left column is pan and the right column is tilt, or Cyan and magenta.

If it is possible I'd also like it if it showed this on the LCD. I for one NEVER know if the upper part is pan and the lower tilt, or vice versa.
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 16 Apr 2006, 13:19

Changing number of sent DMX channels for every output, not forr all togeather.

Don't know - maybe it's not possible, but would like to change numbet of DMX channels sent for every output, not for all of them. (like to set A output to send 256 channels, but B,C and D to send all 512 channels)
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 30 Apr 2006, 10:59

Alternative 'highlight':

Highlight now sets dimmer at 100% for the selected fixtures, and the rest of them will output 0%. Now what I would like is for all the fixtures to remain at their current intensity, but get a open white beam. So this is a different highlight function which can help in situations where you need the quick selection mechanism but don't want the rest of the lights to go off, for instance when you want to mirror a position from one mover to the other.

For example; I want to correct positions on a certain playback, so I select the movers I want to alter. Lets say there in congo, with a gobo and prism. Now I select the first mover with the arrow and that one goes white and open. Alter position and select the next one which then goes white and open, the previous one returns to congo and gobo/prism.

This is a bit off the normal behaviour in which all other movers go off by default. That's not that bad, but when setting relative positions it's not that conveniant that the rest goes off, though the selection method is great.

(amalgamated two posts with slight edit to make clear along with removal of all my brain-fade nonsense!)/niclights
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 May 2006, 04:14

Ok. I have successfully compliled a wish-list. In the process some posts have been edited/combined or deleted. Most of deletion was offtopic/discussion and a few that were just too far-fetched (though I have detailed a couple at the end of the list). More details in the main post. Hope that's useful!
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 02 May 2006, 16:29

WOW..
Great work niclights!!!!!

I just have another bug/feat request:
I am used to stepping through unlinked chases in RMT, using the ADD of the selected playback.
Now if I enter a number on the keypad (for recalling a focus, or giving a time to recalling a focus), the chase stops responding. I noticed this just yesterday, but it's quite annoying.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 May 2006, 01:00

Tnx. I like to think I did the hard bit. Now it just has to be coded 8)

This sounds familiar. I remember something similar being reported before. Was it yourself? IIRC it was regarding change of page which also stops this function. Need to test again, but I agree.

Incidentally, one other long standing problem I would like to help get solved is the occasional inability to connect to a chase without changing to the originating page (ie. desk seems unaware of the running chase and does not flash the swop LED's.)
Have you noticed this? There is definitely a pattern but I am struggling to figure out what it is. Pls let me know if you have any theories.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 May 2006, 14:43

Chase STOP button to step:

Reinstatement of this function. Even though it was removed probably two years ago now, it is one I still wish was available and just can't get used to moving down to the forward/back buttons. Maybe it was never intended to work like this, but it is useful as your finger is already there from stopping the chase and gives manual stepping options when chase control is not enabled.
Last edited by niclights on 03 May 2006, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 May 2006, 14:45

Slight revision of the Group legend menu:

Adjustment of the way this menu works to bring it in line with the Palette menu. ie. remain on group after apply.

Ideally it would also be possible to store/delete/legend directly through this menu as proposed for the palette menu.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 May 2006, 19:42

Ok. I have just tested the PB Add/unlinked chases thing again:

'bug' report on the function of PB Add over unlinked chases in RMN/RMT.

My findings:

Add button will step correctly even if not connected.
Add button will step correctly even when on a different page.

Multiple unlinked chases can be run and stepped through using this method, BUT if such chases are run from more than one page then the function only works when you have the relevant page selected.

For example:
1 unlinked chase running PB1A01
1 unlinked chase running PB1B02

Select page 1A and PBAdd01 will step through the chase. PBAdd02 will only flash (if appropriate) the current step from chase on 1B.
Similarly, if you select page 1B, PBAdd01 will flash the current step from chase on 1A and PBAdd02 will step through the chase.

Function in relation to menus:

As CoenCo reports, the Add button stops performing this funtion whilst in the 'input' menu. However, it does continue to function correctly on exit or after applying a palette (or timed palette). I'm not sure this is so bad, although I can see situations where you input a time or palette number in advance of applying.
Worse though, IMO, is this function fails whilst in the Palette, Channel and ML menus. It does work correctly in Connect menu.

Also I played around with the inability to connect to chases:

bug report on connect to chase:

This turns out to be shockingly simple (and bad!)

When running a chase from a page different to the currently selected one it is only possible to connect if the current page contains a chase on the relevant PB. :shock:

Example: (this can be demonstrated on the simulator and all 2004 builds)
Store chases on PB1A01 thu 04.
Make all these chases active.
Press [connect].
All four Swop LED's will flash correctly.
Change to page 2A.
Press [connect]
No Swop LED's will flash. It is impossible to connect to the active chases.
Stop all chases.
Store a chase on PB2A01
Go back to Page 1A and run the four PB's.
Change to page 2A
Press [connect]
PB01 Swop will now flash allowing connection to the active chase from 1A01.

oooops!

Hopefully that's easy to correct. I can't believe how simple it turned out to be!
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 04 May 2006, 15:02

niclights wrote:Ok. I have just tested the PB Add/unlinked chases thing again:

'bug' report on the function of PB Add over unlinked chases in RMN/RMT.

My findings:

Add button will step correctly even if not connected.
Add button will step correctly even when on a different page.

Multiple unlinked chases can be run and stepped through using this method, BUT if such chases are run from more than one page then the function only works when you have the relevant page selected.

Function in relation to menus:

As CoenCo reports, the Add button stops performing this funtion whilst in the 'input' menu. However, it does continue to function correctly on exit or after applying a palette (or timed palette). I'm not sure this is so bad, although I can see situations where you input a time or palette number in advance of applying.
Worse though, IMO, is this function fails whilst in the Palette, Channel and ML menus. It does work correctly in Connect menu.

Also I played around with the inability to connect to chases:

bug report on connect to chase:

This turns out to be shockingly simple (and bad!)

When running a chase from a page different to the currently selected one it is only possible to connect if the current page contains a chase on the relevant PB. :shock:

Thanx for testing,
my findings on the PB-ADD over unlinked chases is a combination of the two.(I have only tested during shows, never extensively at home though)
I can only step through an unlinked chase if the page I'm currently on has a chase on the same handle as the unlinked chase.
I see a connection in the fact that a chase probably has to be " connectable" for the PB-ADD function to be able to work.

the menu part:
if I recall a position that is stored on pallette i.e. 55 and I don't want to change fixture pages, I go 5(sec) [FOCUS] 55 [ENTER] I can do this relatively fast, but If you don't press exit, it stays in the focus-menu and thus stops my manual-stepped-chases. which is bad.