Pearl Software Wish-List

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

new13dad

wheel control over focus/palette recall

Postby new13dad » 15 May 2006, 20:44

How about the ability to assign the focus/palette recall speed to a wheel when in RMT?
having just done 120 second colour palette fades through a surprise solo acoustic support act, it would have been great to stop or slow even more occassionally
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 17 May 2006, 09:38

How about the ability to assign the focus/palette recall speed to a wheel when in RMT?
having just done 120 second colour palette fades through a surprise solo acoustic support act, it would have been great to stop or slow even more occassionally

I think that would be quite hard to implement. Perhaps a workaround would be to program chases for that? You can wheel through those manually.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new prl2004soft anyway, they say it's in testing now, so with a bit off luck I'll have new toys to play with soon.
new13dad

Postby new13dad » 30 May 2006, 21:30

but that would mean having the first clue what the guy would play...
Oz

Recall Group

Postby Oz » 23 Jun 2006, 12:55

I suggest a recall group to complete another group:

For example we have 32 fixtures at all ad record these groups.

group 11: all fixtures (32)
group 22: all spots (20)
group 33: all washes (12)

Nowadays we must record the groups 1 and 2.

group 1: odd spots
group 2: even spots

I suggest the "recall the others" function based on another group.

In this case record only group 1: odd spots 500

when
recall group
<system selects odd spots>

if
"recall the others" (means select the fixtures to complete the group 1 to match the group 22)
<system selects even spots>

In that way I must record 1/2 of the groups and have more at the direct keypad (1 to 9).

Thanks!

Oz
________

"Every really new idea looks crazy at first."
dj

Sync of timers

Postby dj » 23 Jun 2006, 17:00

Another feature request :)

There should be a way to sync the timers of different chases in runmode. I will often build different chases with PAR, LEDs and moving heads. And it would be really nice to be able to sync a couple of those chases with the same timer.
This would make a much cleaner look then 3 or 4 chases running almost but never completely in sync.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 09 Aug 2006, 18:57

I have one too. At the moment it's possible to limit the output of a handle by using the level=xxx% when patching. If you patch a dimmer @ 100% to a handle, and then patch a dimmer with a different level to the same handle, the previous patched dimmer is also bound to the new limit.

Why do I want this? When I travel with a show and use the houselights, it's possible the setup isn't exactly what I specified. For instance 1 and 2kW fixtures could be combined where I specified 1kW fixtures. This could be solved by patching the 2kW fixture at 50% and the 1kW at 100%. In my opinion, the patched level should be bound to the DMX address, not the handle number.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 14 Aug 2006, 19:28

Another request! When deleting pallets, the console could check which attributes are selected at that moment. For instance, I usually program all gobo's, colours and positions onto pallets 1-10 and use the channel attributes to identify the pallet I want to recall. Now when I delete pallet 1, all the information is lost, even when an attribute is selected. If I select colour and then delete the pallet, only colour information should be erased, and not gobo and position info too. Do other users agree on this?
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 29 Nov 2006, 14:07

I have a request,

Can I have the new software before christmas?

Merry christmas to all you software developpers out there, keep up the good work!
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 02 Jul 2007, 19:53

Yeah I agree, I think we all expected the new release to follow up the Expert quite quick. Too bad software development seems to be the cause of delay once more (no flame, just seems to be an issue with several companies to get good software out on time).
berntih

Stopping the palette fade

Postby berntih » 30 Jul 2007, 14:14

I'd love to have the opportunity to stop a palette fade. Often I'm discovering a perfect position or a splendid CMY-color when running a live show, while doing a timed palette fade. My idea is to start a palette fade by pressing the time and a palette button as usual, but have the possibility of pressing a stop button during during the fade. I'm sure that would increase the possibility of creating those magical moments!
dmx is my religion
abcgb.com

Fixture Matrix selecting

Postby abcgb.com » 17 Dec 2007, 13:41

I have been asking Avo for ages to this and even came up with a simple concept that epitemises the ease and busking principles of the Pearl, as with the use of LED panels and LED products, matrixes are being used more and more. This feature will bring the Pearl inline and beyond with other desks that have a matrix feature.

The Matrix is not used to select channels, but used to select FIXTURES and goes like this:-

1) First you set your grid/matrix size. Each cell in the matrix represents a pre-patched fixture NOT a DMX channel.

2) You can then either manually asign each cell of the grid to a pre-patched fixture or do it automatically, auto goes as follows:-
a) Select which corner you wish to start from
b) Select which fixture number to start from
c) Choose whether to patch cells automatically in a horizontal or vertical pattern.
For manual, youhighlight the cell (read on) and press a key that gives you the option to assign the cell to a fixture.

3) Selecting cells is done by first highlighting cells. To highlight cells use the two wheels, one is for hoziontal positioning, the other vertical. If you move the horizontal wheel fully to the left (off the grid), the veritical wheel now highlights entire rows instead of single cells. Similar goes if you do it the other way. If both wheels move to off the grid, the entire grid is highlighted. To select what is highlighted press the ENTER key or maybe another key.

4) You should be able to either select the highlighted cells, or toggle them (invert their selection status). You should also be able to toggle selected and non-selected cells. When cells are selected, you use the attribute keys to control the fixture attributes as each cell represents a fixture.

Please post your comments.

Justin
Tumbleweed

Postby Tumbleweed » 09 Oct 2008, 19:17

when working with groups while making a chase...

1) select group 1, set it's look
2) select group 2, set it's look

store

you now lose the ability to access group 1 unless you use the individual fixture's swop keys. If you use the swop keys, you lose group 2.

This needs to be fixed.

(of course, the solution is a 'groups' hard button)
DramaKing

Postby DramaKing » 07 Dec 2008, 16:21

hi folks, i don't know if this has been suggested before or if i'm just being stupid,

when you use the find fixture function in the patch utilities menu it only displays the dmx adress/number on the screen and not on the lcd panel, i find this infuriating because it's the only reason i bother taking a screen with me
Hugo

Postby Hugo » 12 May 2009, 19:18

wouldn,t it be great to have 3 seperate roller pages so you have 3x the playbacks 30/45 instead of 10/15.

And it would be awesome if you could delete a channel of the patch from a intelligent fixture and then patch it again as dimmer on a preset, this would be really usefull for the focus and perhaps gobo/prisma rotation.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 May 2009, 23:51

Hugo wrote:wouldn,t it be great to have 3 seperate roller pages so you have 3x the playbacks 30/45 instead of 10/15.

Erm, this is how it is already, unless I'm missing something?

You can edit personality files and remove attributes then patch dimmers on these dmx addresses, but mostly this would be counter-productive, as would having a function to do it.

In Titan you can record cues on presets and effectively do this with mode 2.

And on that note I have been meaning to close this thread for a while now. It was created back when the 2004 software was released and things have moved on since. Now we have Titan where many of these requests have already been implemented.

Given the age of the hardware, it is unlikely there will be any further development on the Classic software unless it was critical. Therefore I intend to replace this with one for Titan but will include any that remain relevant.